'Daredevil' season 3 spoilers: Colin Farrell as Bullseye unlikely to happen
"Daredevil" season 3 will not be here for a couple of years, but the rumor mills continue to churn out information about the third year of the Man without Fear (Charlie Cox) in the superhero business.
Rumors are going around that Colin Farrell will reprise his role as Bullseye, a character he first played in the 2003 "Daredevil" film starring Ben Affleck.
There is no information to corroborate on that yet as Bullseye's appearance itself in "Daredevil" season 3 remains up in the air at the moment.
Slash Film says that although the inclusion of Bullseye in the Affleck-headlined movie was one, if not the only good part in an otherwise generally ostracized film, Netflix might have deemed it detrimental to bring the character on the show due to the film's reputation.
This could also be why Farrell will not return to play the role in "Daredevil" season 3. Should the streaming giant want the world to see Bullseye in a whole new light without the film eclipsing it, bringing back the actor will likely be the last thing they will do.
As to why the baddie has not shown himself yet, it is believed that Bullseye is being saved for later as his arrival would mean big and destructive changes and problems for Daredevil and the people around him.
Cox himself said that the series will not end without the appearance of his character's comic book rival. His enthusiasm is not matched by his co-stars Deborah Ann Woll and Elodie Yung, who play Karen Page and Elektra respectively.
In the comics, Bullseye is responsible for the death of both Karen and Elektra. This means that if he is to set foot in Netflix's version of Hell's Kitchen soon, they will be in big trouble.
Interestingly, Marvel Comics has announced a "Daredevil" spinoff comic series featuring Bullseye for 2017. It is believed that this is its efforts to ease the baddie into the Netflix universe as well.
Comics centered on Elektra and Kingpin were also revealed. The former was already revealed to come back in "Daredevil" season 3 and the latter is also expected to return as well. This suggests that Bullseye could be on the way, too.
"Daredevil" season 3 will premiere in 2018.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- Was this Catholic cardinal a saint or a pro-Nazi war criminal?
- Canon: How a Bible card game is helping students learn how Scripture began
- Diagnosed with cancer, this Christian got through it by praying and painting Jesus' last day on earth
- The face of Christ? Turin Shroud does contain the blood of a torture victim, research suggests
- Would-be bride turns canceled $30,000 wedding reception into banquet for the homeless
- How the least perfect people are sometimes the most important for God's plan
- Pope Francis makes surprise call to rubbish collector who lost both his legs in collision
- Prince William and Kate meet Salvation Army anti-trafficking worker in Poland
- How this passionate Christian from Samaritan's Purse is helping to save lives in war-torn northern Iraq
- You aren't coming through here: Nuns build chapel to block fracking gas pipeline
- ISIS receipt surfaces in Mosul for sale of 20-year-old woman to jihadi for $1,500
- 16-year-old Christian boy is the latest victim of Pakistan's blasphemy law