Integrity to release 25th anniversary compilation
Published 06 June 2012
Paul Baloche, Darlene Zschech, Israel Houghton and Kari Jobe are just some of the artists to feature in a hit-packed compilation to celebrate Integrity Music's 25th anniversary.
The label was incorporated in 1987 and many of the songs it released in the following quarter century went on to become favourites in the worldwide church, being translated into many languages and regional dialects.
They include "Open the Eyes of My Heart", "Give Thanks", "Shout to the Lord", "Ancient of Days", "Trading My Sorrows", "Revelation Song", and "How He Loves".
The anniversary double CD - "25 Songs That Changed The Way We Worship" - and bonus DVD features these and 18 other worship hits, and is set to release on 26 June.
“These songs serve as a powerful reminder of why Integrity Music started in the first place – to share the songs of worship that give a dynamic voice to generations of worshippers worldwide, uniting us in awe of our wondrous, majestic God,” says C Ryan Dunham, president of Kingsway and Integrity Music.
"This is the foundation for our next 25-years and more as we are captivated by the strength of a song to connect hearts and minds.”
Baloche has been with Integrity for 20 years. In addition to "Open The Eyes Of My Heart", "Hosanna" and "Your Name", he has contributed the DVD bonus track, "The Same Love".
He says of his time with Integrity, “I stand amazed and am grateful, humbled to be part of this group of people who really have a heart for the church locally and worldwide.”
The bonus DVD features 17 videos, including three Spanish-language songs and a special “25 Years of Worship” interview segment with Baloche, Israel Houghton, Elias Dummer and others sharing how they have been impacted by these songs.
“The first time I heard ‘Trading My Sorrows,’ I just remember thinking this song will be sung pretty much forever,” says Israel Houghton. “We have been doing that song non-stop for 12 years; we sing it every night.”
Rita Springer shares a similar regard for Zschech.
“I’ll never forget. Late one night, somebody had given me an Integrity CD, and Darlene Zschech started to sing ‘Shout To The Lord.’ For me as a woman, to feel so alone in the industry, I felt like Darlene was hope.
“I think she set a bar for female artists and female worship songwriters to really just forget about what holds you back.”
Dunnagan adds: “There is a tremendous responsibility in publishing songs for the church. What we are really doing is adding to the liturgy of the modern day body of Christ.”
The complete track listing for "25 Songs That Changed The Way We Worship" follows:
1. Open The Eyes Of My Heart - Paul Baloche
2. Give Thanks - Don Moen
3. Above All - Lenny LeBlanc
4. I Exalt Thee - Pete Sanchez, Jr.
5. Be Magnified - Randy Rothwell
6. Shout To The Lord - Darlene Zschech
7. God Will Make A Way - Don Moen
8. There Is None Like You - Lenny Le Blanc
9. I Worship You Almighty God - Leann Albrecht
10. Awesome In The Place - Kent Henry
11. Ancient Of Days - Ron Kenoly
12. Days Of Elijah - Robin Mark
1. Hosanna - Paul Baloche
2. Friend Of God - Lakewood Church
3. Love The Lord - Lincoln Brewster
4. Your Name - Paul Baloche
5. Lord Have Mercy - Eoghan Heaslip
6. Healer - Kari Jobe
7. Today Is The Day - Lincoln Brewster
8. I Am Free - New Life Worship
9. Trading My Sorrows - Darrell Evans
10. You Are Good - Lakewood Church
11. Revelation Song - Gateway Worship
12. My Savior Lives - New Life Worship
13. How He Loves – John Mark McMillan
1. Today Is The Day - Lincoln Brewster
2. Ancient Of Days - Ron Kenoly
3. Praise Adonai - Paul Wilbur
4. Jesus At The Center Of It All - Israel Houghton
5. My Savior Lives - New Life Worship
6. How He Loves - John Mark McMillan
7. There Is None Like You - Lenny LeBlanc
8. God Will Make A Way - Don Moen
9. Revelation Song - Gateway Worship with Kari Jobe
10. Today - Brian Doerksen
11. El Nos Ama - Christine D'Clario
12. Si Acaso se Me Olvida - Jacobo Ramos
13. Salmo 84 - Danilo Montero
14. 25 Years Of Worship (Artist Interviews)
15. The Same Love - Paul Baloche
16. O the Blood - Gateway Worship with Kari Jobe
17. Great I Am - New Life Worship with Jared Anderson
For the 25th Anniversary, Integrity Music is also offering THE ANNIVERSARY BUNDLE – five re-releases featuring the original, vintage covers of best-selling, fan favourite titles for the past 25 years: Don Moen’s Give Thanks, Ron Kenoly’s Lift Him Up, Hillsong’s Shout To The Lord, Robin Mark’s Revival In Belfast and Israel & New Breed’s New Season.
More news from the Entertainment