105-year-old bacon woman (video): Pearl Cantrell credits eating bacon every day for her long life
A 105-year-old woman is claiming that the secret to her long life is eating bacon.
Pearl Cantrell of Texas said she eats bacon everyday. "I love bacon, I eat it every day," she told the Big Country Homepage.
She told local TV station KMSS that she encourages others to eat bacon too. "I want other people to eat bacon, I tell them to. My kids all eat it."
The elderly woman was treated to a ride in the Oscar Mayer Wienermobile in celebration of her long life. She was also given some bacon by the company and will be receiving more in the future.
Cantrell has lived longer than her husband and three of her seven children. Despite her age, she continues to the do tasks and activities she loves, such as sewing and dancing
Cantrell's daughter Anno told the Big Country Homepage: "She's taught us to work hard and to get up every morning and think about living. She's never thought about dying."
Cantrell recently celebrated her birthday with over 200 guests over a period of three days.
Research has showed that eating too much bacon may increase the rise of bowel cancer, but the case seems to be different for Cantrell nonetheless.
Prayer is a tried and trusted way of encountering God, but it can sometimes be hard to find the right words.
One of the parables Jesus shared compared the Kingdom of God to a mustard seed, which gives us so much insight into the kingdom of God. Here are a few that you might not have heard before.
- 3 Ancient Prayers That Will Help You Encounter God In A New Way
- Is Your Giving Doing More Harm Than Good?
- 4 Ways To Encourage Young People To Lead In Church
- Aberfan: The Quiet Heroism Of The Wounded Healer
- The Tax Collector And The Pharisee: How God's Mercy Is Shown To Unexpected People
- 3 Things That Need Your Prayers This Weekend
- The Crowd-Funded Bible That Reaches Out To The Young Kids Of Instagram
- The Lonely Catholic President: The Faith Of JFK
- How Britain Could Help Stamp Out Massive Global Corruption – Really Easily
- Britain Must Resist Sharia Law Warns Pakistan-Born Evangelical Bishop
- Iraq Passes Surprise Law Banning Alcohol, Angering Christians
- Archaeologists Hail Discovery Of Lost Battle Site From Fall Of Jerusalem
- Chinese Megachurch Pastor Released After Seven Years In Prison
- France Moves To Demolish Calais Jungle, Aid Agencies Fear For Children
- Texas High School Allows 'Jesus' In Sponsor Logo on Sports Team's Jersey After Initially Rejecting It