'Pokemon Go' release date in 2016, not on Nov. 20

Pokemon Go ThePokemonCompany/Niantics

Nintendo, The Pokemon Company, and mobile games developer Niantics are currently set to release the mobile game "Pokemon Go," which will allow users to catch Pokemon "in the real world." According to a report from PC Advisor, the game will most likely retain its 2016 release date instead of the rumored Nov. 20 release.

The report cites that numerous rumors online have pointed to an early Nov. 20 release date, although this may have only been caused by mere confusion with the release of a different Pokemon game, "Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon" for the Nintendo 3DS. 

According to the report, "Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon" has been released in Japan, on Sept. 17, while the game is slated for a North American release this Nov. 20 and in Europe by early 2016. It is stated that the numerous release dates were the root of the confusion concerning the release for "Pokemon Go."

As it stands, "Pokemon Go" is still slated for a 2016 release for both iOS and Android devices. There are no confirmations if the Pokemon Go Plus, the accessory being developed in-house by Nintendo to enhance the gaming experience, will release on the same day as the game itself.

The Pokemon Go Plus accessory will allow users to play without constantly looking at their phone's screen.

The game allows players to catch Pokemon in the real world, via augmented reality technology. Using the game, a player might find a critter in real-world places such as inside a building or at the park. Players can then capture, trade and battle their Pokemon with other people. 

"Pokemon Go" will be free to download and play but there will be in-app purchases, as previously reported. The Pokemon Company has not yet given any details what the micro-transactions might be, but given the nature of the flagship "Pokemon" titles, these in-app purchases may range from higher-level Poke Balls, berries, and items that may evolve certain Pokemon.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.