'Five Nights at Freddy's 5' rumors: Game will never happen, says series creator

Teaser image for Five Nights at Freddy's 4 Halloween Update Scott Games

As previously reported, the next "Five Nights at Freddy's" game is not a direct continuation of the fourth entry but a spin-off titled "FNAF World." However, the official website for Cawthon Games recently changed its homepage image, leading many to believe that it is a teaser for a possible "Five Nights at Freddy's 5."

However, it is pointed out on the Steam community page that the new teaser image is for the upcoming Halloween update for "Five Nights at Freddy's 4." 

When Cawthon initially announced the fourth title, it was also indicated that the game would release on Halloween. The release date was then moved to Aug. 8 to coincide with the franchise' anniversary. However, Cawthon released the game on Steam without warning on July 23.

Despite the early release, Cawthon did state on the game's Steam page that an update would be released on Halloween. This point is reiterated in his announcement for "FNAF World."

The teaser image related to "Five Nights at Freddy's 4" is not the only evidence to put to rest any rumors of "Five Nights at Freddy's 5." Cawthon himself made it clear during the "FNAF World" announcement.

"It's very important for me to say again that there will NOT be a 'Five Nights at Freddy's 5.' The story is complete, and the Halloween update and new game will not add to it," Cawthon explained.

Of course this doesn't mean there won't be an opportunity for Cawthon to make a fifth title sometime down the line. The game designer has backed down on his announcements before, particularly regarding the release date of the fourth game, but for the time being it appears there are no plans for "Five Nights at Freddy's 5."

"FNAF World" is currently scheduled for a 2016 release date, although Cawthon has stated that an early demo will be released as soon as one is ready. 

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.