Chris Pratt opens up about Anna Faris for the first time since split

Chris Pratt has finally opened up about his ex-wife Anna Faris for the first time since announcing their separation last month.

The "Guardians of the Galaxy" actor was spotted having dinner alone during the Emmy Awards on Sept. 17, where Farris presented the award for Best Variety Series together with "Mom" co-star Allison Janney.

Pratt, 38, was seen dressed casually in a shirt and jeans while at Cleo Hollywood at around 9 p.m. on Sunday. He "seemed to be in a friendly and cheerful mood," according to an unnamed Page Six source.

A TMZ reporter caught up with the star after his dinner and asked him about what he thought of Faris' appearance at the awards show.

"I know she did great," he said. "Anna did an amazing job, man. She rules. Her and Allison, they both looked great. Go watch 'Mom' on CBS."

Meanwhile, Faris is not moping around post-split either, according to "Overboard" co-star Eva Longoria. The two play best friends in the upcoming remake of the 1987 Garry Marshall comedy film.

While Longoria admitted that she did not speak with Faris about the split itself, she can still confirm that Faris is doing great, she told PEOPLE.

Pratt and Faris announced their separation via Facebook in August.

"We tried hard for a long time, and we're really disappointed," the statement read. "Our son has two parents who love him very much and for his sake we want to keep this situation as private as possible moving forward. We still have love for each other, will always cherish our time together and continue to have the deepest respect for one another."

At the time, sources told Page Six that the couple separated because they were competitive with each other and because Pratt is "very, very religious" while Faris is not.

Neither of the two confirmed these allegations, however.

Faris' film "Overboard" comes out in theaters on April 20, 2018. Meanwhile, Pratt will reprise his role as Peter Quill/Star-Lord in the epic Marvel film "Avengers: Infinity War," which premieres on May 4, 2018.

Newsletter Stay up to date with Christian Today
News
Christian aid organisations mobilise emergency Ebola response in Democratic Republic of Congo
Christian aid organisations mobilise emergency Ebola response in Democratic Republic of Congo

Christian aid organisations are mobilising emergency health responses in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) following a deadly Ebola outbreak in the country’s north-east that has prompted international concern.

Three Baptist pastors killed in Manipur ambush after peace conference
Three Baptist pastors killed in Manipur ambush after peace conference

The victims were senior leaders of the Thadou Baptist Association India (TBAI), a Baptist denomination rooted in the Thadou-Kuki community of Manipur.

Over 1,000 gather in Blackpool for Diocese of Blackburn centenary celebration
Over 1,000 gather in Blackpool for Diocese of Blackburn centenary celebration

Over 1,000 Christians from across Lancashire gathered in the heart of Blackpool over the weekend for a large-scale public celebration marking the centenary year of the Church of England’s Diocese of Blackburn.

Christian group has mixed feelings about new trans guidance
Christian group has mixed feelings about new trans guidance

The NHS can no longer hide behind the "waiting for guidance" excuse, but a Christian group fears that inaction will still be the order of the day as the guidance does not extend to workplaces.