'Super Smash Bros. 4' Wii U bundle release date on Black Friday?

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U Nintendo

As previously reported, Nintendo has seen a wave of success with its 3DS but sales have been rather slow for the Wii U, with only 10 million units sold since 2013. However, according to a report from the iDigital Times, it is possible that Nintendo is preparing to resolve this by launching a new "Super Smash Bros. 4" Wii U bundle by Black Friday.

There technically is a "Super Smash Bros. 4" bundle but it doesn't include the Wii U console as it only features the game, a Gamecube controller and a controller adaptor. The bundle was introduced at $300 at the time, which is also the standard price for a Wii U bundle.

According to the report, Nintendo has released at least one new bundle per year since its launch. This started with the "Nintendo Land" bundle that came out during the system's launch in late 2012 in Japan and early 2013 in North America. This was then followed by the "New Super Mario Bros." bundle and the "Mario Kart 8 Bundle."

However, it is very rare for Nintendo to release more than one special Wii U bundle in a year. 2015 already saw a Wii U bundle that comes with the massively successful multiplayer title "Splatoon" and this was followed by a second bundle that came with "Super Mario Maker."

Because there have already been two bundles released this year there is a lower possibility of Nintendo releasing a "Super Smash Bros. 4" Wii U bundle. This comes particularly from the fact that "Super Smash Bros. 4" has been released a few months before either "Splatoon" and "Super Mario Maker."

Despite this, the report cites that Nintedo intends to sell more units by the end of the year particularly since the console has not been strong in comparison to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4. With the Nintendo NX coming out by 2016 Nintendo will also want to clear out their remaining Wii U units which is why a new bundle will be offered on sale.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.