'Dancing with the Stars' 2015 news: cast doesn't include Caitlyn Jenner

Dancing with the Stars ABC

It was previously alleged that Caitlyn Jenner would be one of the competitors in season 21 of "Dancing with the Stars." However, this was proven false. According to a report from Entertainment Tonight, Jenner and ABC did not have any negotiations regarding the matter. 

"There is not nor have there ever been any negotiations on this matter," Jenner's publicist told the news outlet regarding the rumored casting news. "They inquired if she was interested in participating in the show and I said no thank you. That is the extent of the communication." 

Rumors began back in June when Derek Hough stated that he would gladly return to the series to dance with Jenner. This sentiment was also voiced out by last year's winner Val Chmerkovskiy in an interview with In Touch. Val stated that after proving he could win the show, he would love the opportunity to win again with someone no one believes in. 

Many fans call for Jenner to be on the show to represent her success as a transgender. However, it is pointed out that "Dancing with the Stars" did have a transgender contestant back in season 13 with Chaz Bono, who got up to seventh place along with partner Lacey Schwimmer. 

Despite Jenner not being on the show, some of his family members have competed before. Kim Kardashian was on the show's seventh season and ended up as the third celebrity to be eliminated, while Rob Kardashian competed in the thirteenth season and managed to snag the second place. 

According to Entertainment Tonight, there is still a chance for Jenner to be on the show if she would change her mind before the slots are filled up. However, given that Jenner already declined to even enter negotiations, this is unlikely to occur.

"Dancing with the Stars" season 21 premieres on Sept. 14.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.