Lunar Eclipse April 15, 2014: Four Blood Moons a sign of End Times? [Date, start time, when to watch]
Those who pay attention to the skies are preparing for a very rare event. A total lunar eclipse will be appearing in the Earth's sky on April 15, just before midnight. What makes this event so special, is that this is the first of four that will take place in the 2014-2015 season. The Universe Today reports that the eclipse will last 1 hour, 17 minutes and 48 seconds.
A lunar eclipse happens when Earth, the sun and the moon align in a way that makes Earth's shadow falls on the moon, giving the moon a dark color. The blood-red color the moon takes on during an eclipse happens when earth deflects the sun's light.
A small group of Christians see the upcoming lunar eclipse series as a sign of End Times, an event described in biblical prophecy. Four Blood Moons: Something is about to change, a book that was released last year, suggests that the event could be a fulfillment of biblical prophecy, USA Today reported. Referring to the Bible, author John Hagee quotes Joel 2:31 saying, "The sun will be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come."
Reports say the next three eclipses are expected to appear on Oct. 8 of this year and April 8 and Sept. 28 of 2015.
In an article from the website NEWSMAX, it was noted that the upcoming 'blood moons' will also fall on Jewish holidays. Lunar eclipses on April 15 and Oct. 8 of 2014 concur with the Jewish Passover and feast of the Tabernacle. Lunar eclipses falling on April 4 and Sept 28, 2015 also concur with the same Jewish holidays.
The upcoming eclipse can be observed from the central Atlantic westward to eastern Australia.
Deborah Byrd with EarthSky.org told an online science magazine. That there will be a total of eight lunar eclipses coming in groups of four (tetrads) between 2001 and 2100.
Churches in Egypt are continuing to respond to the hundreds of Coptic Christians who have been displaced from their homes by the threat of ISIS' brutal crusade against the faith community.
Evangelical Christians in France have released a 'convictions' document ahead of the French presidential and parliamentary elections which begin on 23 April.
- 40 ways to invest in your marriage during Lent
- Victoria's Secret Lingerie Model Adriana Lima Reveals She Carries A Bible To Shows And Believes In 'Angels'
- This Tennessee Pastor Is Furious After Planned Parenthood Thanks Him For Donations: 'It Wasn't Me'
- Why This Old Testament Verse Is So Special - It's Full Of The Gospel
- 10 Things I've Tried – And Failed – To Give Up For Lent
- 8 Ways To Improve The Preaching In Your Church
- Life Hurts: How God Helped This Christian Doctor In Her Struggle With Anorexia
- Remembering George Herbert: 10 Quotes From The Great Priest And Poet
- Tim Keller's Leaving Redeemer Presbyterian: 5 Lessons For Christian Leaders
- Egypt Exodus: Hundreds Of Christians Flee As ISIS Militants Go On Killing Spree
- Bishop Angaelos Implores Action For Egypt's Coptic Christians 'Being Killed In The Streets'
- Where Is Jeff Woodke? Concern Grows For Missing US Missionary
- Mexican Church Says Trump Migrant Plans Are 'Terrorism'
- Chinese Pastor Arrested After Refusing State Surveillance Of Church
- Czech Christian Jailed In Sudan Has Been Freed