Google Nexus 6 update: Motorola working on handset, plus another mid-range line
The Google Nexus 6 release date is soon as Motorola is reportedly working on the device alongside a set of mid-range smartphones.
Motorola is prepping to launch a new range of devices.
The company, now owned by Lenovo, is reportedly working on the upcoming Nexus smartphone. Speculations claim that the smartphone is the same as the previously rumored Droid Turbo headed to Verizon.
Motorola is reportedly working on the next Nexus smartphone called "Shamu". Android Authority got ahold of alleged photos of the new Motorola handset codenamed "Motorola XT1254."
Leaked screenshots of the new smartphone appeared in CPU-Z, an application that collects information such as SoC functions, system information, battery details and sensors.
According to a leaked benchmark, the handset will be powered by a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 SoC clocked at 2.65GHz paired with 3GB of RAM.
The XT1254 also known as the "Droid Turbo" is rumored to pack a 4.59-inch QHD screen display, specifically with 1440 x 2560 pixel resolution. Other features of the handset are Android 4.4.4 KitKa, a 20-megapixel rear camera, and a 2-megapixel front-facing camera.
Motorola's "Shamu" is reported to aim mainly for U.S. consumers and will be available through major U.S. carriers. Markets with access to Nexus will be able to purchase the device. However, Motorola and Google have not revealed specific details about the smartphone's release date.
Motorola is also working on the new models of Droid, Droid Maxx, Moto S, and Moto X Play. The company has its hands full with a total of seven smartphones. The handsets will most likely target emerging markets like Asia.
On Sept. 4, Motorola will hold an event to launch the successor of Moto X called the Moto X+1 or Moto X2, next generation Moto G and Moto 360.
Here are seven important facts everyone should be aware of regarding Zika Virus.
An evangelical pastor spanked women's bare bottoms to administer "spiritual discipline", a court has been told.
- How 'intentional' are you - with yourself and with God?
- The 99 thoughts you have while listening to a sermon
- Jacques Hamel: The humble priest who was 'treasured' by the community
- Star Trek Beyond: searching for hope in a godless universe
- Controversial evangelist, activist and bestselling 'Left Behind' author dies aged 90
- Scotland's Christian 'saint in the making' Margaret Sinclair to star in new play
- The burning issue: Why the Church has got to start talking about hell
- Come to church this week for poets, rock stars, circus skills and 'champing'
- Lead us not into the temptations of Twitter, warns Pope Francis
- Hillary Clinton victory heralds a new day for women, says Tony Campolo
- Indian Christian forced to 'reconvert' among Hindu extremists' crackdown
- World Youth Day: Hundreds of thousands of young Catholics welcome Pope Francis to Poland
- Syria: Dozens killed in deadly ISIS blast
- Pastor buys dozens of tickets to win assault rifle in raffle – now he'll destroy it
- French Bishops call for day of fasting in response to Jacques Hamel killing