Baby left in car dies a day after 1st birthday [VIDEO]: Teacher left toddler in school car park
A baby that had been left in a car for hours on a hot day by her mother has died May 18.
The baby's mother, Vibha Marks of Balch Springs, worked as an elementary school teacher in Dallas. The 42-year-old was arrested Friday on a charge of second-degree felony child abandonment.
Marks' daughter Victoria had only just celebrated her first birthday on Thursday, the day before the tragic incident. She was discovered in her mother's locked car on the school car park at 1:20 p.m. Friday, by a high school senior Exenia Gomez who works part time at Frank Guzick Elementary School, according to Dallas Morning News. Temperatures had reached up to 86 degrees that day.
Gomez told the paper: "I looked over and saw that there was a baby in there. I looked at the baby and she
wasn't moving. She had dried bubbles on her face and her eyes were still looking down."
Gomez called 911 and was told to take the child out from the car and perform CPR. However, because the doors were locked, she broke into the car with a piece of wood and picked up the baby from her car seat, who was not moving or breathing. She performed CPR before paramedics arrived on the scene. The baby was taken to a hospital before being pronounced dead. An autopsy will be carried out to determine the exact cause of Victoria's death.
Frank Guzick Elementary School issued a statement regarding Marks on Friday. "Obviously, this is a very
tragic situation. Our thoughts and prayers are with the teacher and her family at this time, as well as the staff at Guzick Elementary."
Marks has been placed on administrative leave as police investigate the toddler's death.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- 4 Ways To Encourage Young People To Lead In Church
- Aberfan: The Quiet Heroism Of The Wounded Healer
- The Tax Collector And The Pharisee: How God's Mercy Is Shown To Unexpected People
- 3 Things That Need Your Prayers This Weekend
- The Crowd-Funded Bible That Reaches Out To The Young Kids Of Instagram
- The Lonely Catholic President: The Faith Of JFK
- How Britain Could Help Stamp Out Massive Global Corruption – Really Easily
- 10 Books Every Church Preacher Should Read
- 'Killer Clowns' And Flesh-Eating Zombies: How To Talk To Your Kids About Halloween
- Iraqi Army Liberates Christian Town As US Defence Secretary Flies In For Talks
- Iraqi Army Tries To Take Main Christian Town Near Mosul
- North Korean Woman Reveals How They Were Taught to Hate Christians
- 5 Out of 6 Christians In Iraq Have Been Forced To Flee Since 2003
- 'God Helped Us Come Out of Bondage,' Say 21 Nigerian Schoolgirls Freed by Boko Haram Militants
- Muslim Children As Young As Five In Pakistan Are Being Taught To Hate Christians, Says Archbishop