Baby left in car dies a day after 1st birthday [VIDEO]: Teacher left toddler in school car park
A baby that had been left in a car for hours on a hot day by her mother has died May 18.
The baby's mother, Vibha Marks of Balch Springs, worked as an elementary school teacher in Dallas. The 42-year-old was arrested Friday on a charge of second-degree felony child abandonment.
Marks' daughter Victoria had only just celebrated her first birthday on Thursday, the day before the tragic incident. She was discovered in her mother's locked car on the school car park at 1:20 p.m. Friday, by a high school senior Exenia Gomez who works part time at Frank Guzick Elementary School, according to Dallas Morning News. Temperatures had reached up to 86 degrees that day.
Gomez told the paper: "I looked over and saw that there was a baby in there. I looked at the baby and she
wasn't moving. She had dried bubbles on her face and her eyes were still looking down."
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
Gomez called 911 and was told to take the child out from the car and perform CPR. However, because the doors were locked, she broke into the car with a piece of wood and picked up the baby from her car seat, who was not moving or breathing. She performed CPR before paramedics arrived on the scene. The baby was taken to a hospital before being pronounced dead. An autopsy will be carried out to determine the exact cause of Victoria's death.
Frank Guzick Elementary School issued a statement regarding Marks on Friday. "Obviously, this is a very
tragic situation. Our thoughts and prayers are with the teacher and her family at this time, as well as the staff at Guzick Elementary."
Marks has been placed on administrative leave as police investigate the toddler's death.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- 6 Worships Songs You Might Not Know, But Should
- After Trump, What Now For Christians In America? Obama Faith Advisor Speaks Out
- From Bethlehem To Bedford: What If Mary And Joseph Were 21st Century Refugees?
- 10 Brilliant Ways To Countdown To Christmas With Your Kids
- Archbishop Of York: Government Must Not 'Scapegoat' Migrants For Failures In Housing And Jobs
- Buzzfeed, Fixer Upper, And Gay Marriage: 3 Questions To Ask
- Why We Need To Stop Calling Our Opponents 'Evil'
- Scorsese Meets With Pope Before Vatican Screening Of Oscar-Tipped Christian Persecution Movie
- Netflix's 'Stranger Things' Inspires Christian Charity Christmas Video
- Archbishop Of Nigeria To Settle Row Between Bishop And His Church After They Locked Him Out
- The Calais Refugee 'Problem' Has Merely Been Displaced, Not Solved
- Thousands Fleeing ISIS At Risk As Temperatures Plummet Near Mosul
- Religious Freedom 'Deteriorated Tremendously' In 2016
- 200,000 Muslims Protest In Jakarta To Demand Jail For Christian Governor
- Ancient Set of Books Mentioning Jesus Christ Is Genuine, Scholars Confirm