10 tips to get your garden ready for summer entertaining
It seems like finally the cold weather is behind us and we can finally look forward to warm days and maybe even a bit of alfresco dining if we're lucky!
If you've let your garden go over the winter months, now's the time to get it into shape so that you can enjoy it at its best when the sun does decide to shine.
Online garden centre Plant Me Now has these top 10 tips to get your garden summer-ready:
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
- Choose granular feed to slowly feed your lawn over the summer months, but if you have an important event, use a soluble feed a few days before for faster results.
- Edge your lawn to give a nice, clean line between the lawn and the flowerbed - an easy way to make your garden look much tidier!
- If moss has been a problem, use a moss killer then simply rake it out. You can then over-seed (or re-seed) to thicken the lawn and fill in any empty patches.
- Large spaces are perfect for growing a wild flower meadow and various mixes are available to attract different kinds of wildlife (butterflies, ladybirds, bees, etc.) To ensure fresh growth next year, simply mow at the end of the season.
- Plant perennials in your flowerbeds for beautiful colours that come back year after year; then fill in any gaps with summer bedding plants.
- If you don't have flowerbeds or a big space to work with, fill pots and containers with beautiful summer bedding plants in a variety of colours
- Give dirty patios a good scrub or blast with a pressure washer to remove moss and dirt, ready for welcoming your alfresco dining guests
- Make tired wooden garden furniture look as good as new by treating it with teak oil - there's no need to splash out on a new set of chairs and tables.
- Place solar lights around your patio for a fantastic, eco-friendly way to light up your outdoor space when the sun goes down.
- Plant some climbers - they're perfect for covering unsightly old fence panels or walls.