'GTA 6' rumors: Fans concerned about 'GTA VI's' future with Leslie Benzies' exit

 Twitter courtesy of Rockstar Games

The future of "Grand Theft Auto VI" remains to be uncertain as Rockstar North boss Leslie Benzies has left the company.

The popular game developer confirmed to Kotaku early last month that Benzies has been away on a sabbatical. The big question now is what happens to the much anticipated "Grand Theft Auto VI?"

"We can confirm that Leslie Benzies went on sabbatical on September 1, 2014 and has decided not to return to work for the company. We are very grateful for Leslie's contributions to Rockstar over the last 15 years as we worked together to make some amazing games," the statement from the developer reads.

While the news may be concerning for fans who have been patiently waiting for "Grand Theft Auto VI," Rockstar Games assured that Rockstar North will function normally.

Fans are also hanging on to hope that they will soon get their hands on the next racing game since rumors continue to pop up, fueling the hype for the game. For instance, MobiPicker gathered rumors suggesting that the sixth installment may arrive along with new game consoles, Xbox 2, and PlayStation 5, which is about two to four years from now.

Another rumor is also making the rounds in forums and the social media, according to Christian Post. It states that a female character will be featured in the next installment. Further, Eva Mendes is rumored to be behind the character's voice. If this piece of unconfirmed information turns out to be true, it will be first for the franchise to have a female lead.

Despite these rumors, developers have kept their silence about the development surrounding "Grand Theft Auto VI."

In the meantime, fans of the franchise should just enjoy "Grand Theft Auto V" as the game recently received a "The Last of Us" mod. The streets of Los Santos have been given a tweak to give players a feel of a post-apocalyptic setting. More details can be found here.

 

News
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings

The newly installed Archbishop of Westminster has said the Church must learn from victims of sexual abuse.

Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report
Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report

The institution of marriage has undergone a dramatic transformation over the past five decades - particularly among young adults.

Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent
Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent

One of England’s most well-known, historic and picturesque cathedrals has announced plans to run a Lent series looking at truth in the modern world.