Seattle Seahawks NFL 2015 roster news: Ricardo Lockette leaves in win over Cowboys with concussion

Ricardo Lockette Wikimedia Commons/Mike Morris

As they try to piece a playoff season, the Seattle Seahawks will continue doing that without wide receiver Ricardo Lockette who suffered a concussion in their tight 13–12 win over the Dallas Cowboys last Sunday. 

Lockette suffered the injury while working on punt coverage and was hit by Cowboys safety Jeff Heath. 

Heath's head and right shoulder appeared to have collided with Lockette's head, which caused Lockette to fall down to the ground and go unconscious. 

Lockette stayed down and was attended by Seahawks personnel as teammates started to gather around him, with head coach Pete Carroll kneeling by his side along with the team's staff. 

Because of what happened, Seahawks and Cowboys players were involved in a light verbal altercation which was immediately controlled by the officials. 

Lockette remained down for a few more minutes before being stretchered off the field and as he was leaving, raised his right hand to signal that he is okay. 

ESPN reported that Heath was called for a personal foul penalty, with the officials labeling the hit as a "blindside block."

In a recent report by Yahoo Sports, the Seahawks announced that the 29-year-old receiver have gone through surgery to repair a ligament damage to his neck which was also sustained because of the hit. 

Lockette has not missed a game this season, playing in all eight so far with four receptions for 69 yards and one touchdown. 

He is not the main receiver for Seattle but usually takes on the role of a special teams player. 

Despite the injury to Lockette, the Seahawks are fortunate to capture a win, which returned them to .500 with a 4–4 record. 

The team is struggling this 2015. The road, however, will not be easier for them because following their bye week this week, they will take on the thriving Arizona Cardinals on Nov. 15 for their Week 10 matchup. 

News
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings

The newly installed Archbishop of Westminster has said the Church must learn from victims of sexual abuse.

Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report
Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report

The institution of marriage has undergone a dramatic transformation over the past five decades - particularly among young adults.

Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent
Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent

One of England’s most well-known, historic and picturesque cathedrals has announced plans to run a Lent series looking at truth in the modern world.