November 2015 blackout rumors attributed to NASA not true

The world will allegedly be shrouded in darkness based on the hoax report that allegedly came from NASA. nasa.tumblr.com

Based on an alleged NASA report, the world should be cloaked in darkness by now.

A viral report by NewsWatch 33 in July claimed that NASA allegedly confirmed that the planet will be covered in absolute darkness from November 15 to November 29 this year due to a very rare astronomical event happening between Venus and Jupiter.

The report explained that the two planets would be engaged in a close parallelism, where they would be separated by only one degree. The result of this astronomical event will allegedly make Venus shine 10 times brighter than Jupiter due to the chemical reaction resulting from the release of the large amounts of Hydrogen released into the solar system. This phenomenon allegedly has not occurred in more than 1 million years.

According to the report, the sun will go dark at exactly 3 a.m. on Sunday, Nov. 15, and the light will go back on Monday, Nov. 30 at 4:15 p.m. This means that the night would have to extend for 15 straight days. According to the report, NASA official Charles Bolden also allegedly presented a 1000-page document to the White House to explain the phenomenon.

However, none of these are true.

Those who are familiar with NewsWatch 33 know that the website is full of hoax reports since it is not a legitimate news source.

Reports about a total blackout had been going around for years. An earlier version of the report came out in 2012 and rehashed in 2014 and 2015.

NASA already clarified the rumors in a post on the organization's official website, saying:

"Neither NASA nor any other scientific organization is predicting such a blackout. The false reports on this issue claim that some sort of 'alignment of the Universe' will cause a blackout. There is no such alignment."

NASA also explained that there will be no planetary alignments that will occur in the upcoming decades, and such astrological phenomena will have no effect on Earth if events like those happen.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.