Moto G (2015) release date, specs rumors: 3rd-gen smartphone launching July 28?

Moto G (2nd Gen) [Photo credit: Motorola]

Just recently, it was reported that the Moto G 2015 might make use of the MotoMaker, a program that allows users to customize the device to their liking before ordering it from Motorola. Now, a new report gives consumers an idea when the new generation of the mid-ranger is coming out. 

Citing a report from a Brazil-based publication, GSM Arena reports that the third-generation Moto G will first be announced and made available in Brazil on July 28. The device will then make its way to Chile by August, as what the leaked image from the country's Entel carrier stated. 

In the same report, the Moto G 2015 was claimed to come with a 5-inch 720p display. The device is expected to house a Qualcomm's Snapdragon 410 processor, which will be paired with a 1.4 GHz quad-core Cortex-A53 CPU and Adreno 306 GPU. It is said to have a 2470 mAh battery. 

The Moto G (3rd Gen) is allegedly getting an 8 GB and a 16 GB variant. The former is said to be coupled with 1 GB of RAM while the latter will get double that amount. It is also being reported that the imaging department will be comprised of a 16-megapixel rear camera and a 5-megapixel front snapper. 

The interesting takeaway from the report is that the latest Moto G will be water resistant. It is said that it will come with an IPx7 certification, keeping it safe and unharmed even after being soaked in water for 30 minutes. No dust resistance was mentioned. 

The Moto G 2015 will likely be sold in Brazil for BRL 899, or $287 or €261 based on the exchange rate at the time of writing. According to GSM Arena, the price is higher than expected because smartphones are typically sold in the country with a bigger price tag than in other regions. 

When the device hits U.S. shores, it will likely come with the same value as last year's iteration. 

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.