Miami Marlins NFL 2015 roster news: Giancarlo Stanton possibly returning next week after absence due to injury

 Wikimedia Commons/Arturo Pardavila III

The Miami Marlins might be getting the help they badly need this season as All-Star slugger Giancarlo Stanton said he is feeling well and might be back in action in 10 days. 

Stanton was having a breakout year this season. However, he was limited to only 74 games due to a left wrist injury suffered last June; although he ripped 27 home runs and had 67 RBIs. 

He immediately went through surgery to repair the injury but was reported earlier this month to be having a slower recovery than expected. 

But in a recent report by MLB.com, Stanton said he is feeling good and may be back in just a week and a half. 

The 25-year-old slugger's likely return will be Friday next week when the Marlins host the New York Mets for a three-game series. 

"I'm getting my timing and I'm almost to where I want to feel. So that's what the ideal timetable would be," Stanton said, according to MLB.com. 

Stanton was the Player of the Month when he suffered the injury and was leading the league with his homer and runs batted in (RBI) tally. 

He was voted as an All-Star starter for the 2015 Major League Baseball (MLB) All-Star Game but his injury hindered him from participating in the event. 

In MLB.com's report, the Marlins are hoping to have Stanton and left fielder Christian Yelich for the final stretch of the regular season since that has been a challenge for the club with both of them being troubled by injuries. 

"If we can get these guys together and have a month of health, it could be some fun and maybe we can be a spoiler in some ways," Marlins manager Dan Jennings said, according to the report. 

The Marlins are currently in the second to the last spot in the National League East with a 51–76 record and are 19.5 games behind the division-leading Mets (70–56). 

News
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings

The newly installed Archbishop of Westminster has said the Church must learn from victims of sexual abuse.

Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report
Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report

The institution of marriage has undergone a dramatic transformation over the past five decades - particularly among young adults.

Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent
Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent

One of England’s most well-known, historic and picturesque cathedrals has announced plans to run a Lent series looking at truth in the modern world.