Miami Dolphins NFL 2015 roster news: Cameron Wake sidelined due to Achilles injury

Cameron Wake Wikimedia Commons/Jeffrey Beall

The Miami Dolphins are hit with two huge blows last week when they lost to the defending champions New England Patriots and in that defeat also lost defensive end Cameron Wake, who will be out for the season due to a torn left Achilles tendon. 

Miami was struggling early in the season but when interim head coach Dan Campbell stepped in, it thrived and is on a two-game winning streak before the setback suffered to New England last Thursday.

Unfortunately, in that game, Wake sustained the injury that will make the Dolphins miss one of their best defensive players, which may further hinder the recent success they are making. 

In seven games played this 2015 season, the 33-year-old defensive end leads Miami with seven sacks, also having nine tackles. 

Following Wake's sack tally are defensive end Olivier Vernon and defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh who each has only two sacks for the Dolphins this season. 

Wake's injury was confirmed by the Dolphins last Friday, with the torn Achilles tendon determined by a magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). 

Dolphins safety Michael Thomas said about Wake, according to ESPN, "He's the heart and soul. He makes big plays. He brings energy. He's getting sacks. He means everything to this defense."

Meanwhile, left tackle Branden Albert acknowledged that Wake's injury is a huge blow for them but he added that someone should step up in his absence. 

Now, defensive ends Derrick Shelby and Terrence Fede will have to take Wake's role to help the Dolphins as the season continues. 

Both have not recorded a sack this season, but Shelby have 11 tackles while Fede have 14. 

The Dolphins' next two games will be played on the road as they take on the Buffalo Bills this Nov. 8 (Week 9) and the Philadelphia Eagles on Nov. 15 (Week 10) before returning back home in Week 11 against the Dallas Cowboys. 

News
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings

The newly installed Archbishop of Westminster has said the Church must learn from victims of sexual abuse.

Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report
Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report

The institution of marriage has undergone a dramatic transformation over the past five decades - particularly among young adults.

Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent
Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent

One of England’s most well-known, historic and picturesque cathedrals has announced plans to run a Lent series looking at truth in the modern world.