'Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle' to get new character with second DLC according to leak

"Mario Rabbids: Kingdom Battle" promotional photo. Facebook/ Rabbids

The details of an upcoming downloadable content (DLC) for the crossover game "Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle" has been leaked. It revealed that a new hero will be coming to the title in early 2018.

The details were leaked via a listing of the game's Gold edition at the Nintendo eShop. The listing was first spotted by a member of the ResetEra forums. Along with the new hero, the listing also said that there will be a brand new world added next year.

The Gold Edition also includes the first DLC released for "Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle," the Ultra Challenge Pack, which was released earlier this year. It is expected that the second DLC will drop on Jan. 16, 2018.

When the Ultra Challenge Pack arrived in October, it included eight new Ultra Hard Challenges, five exclusive co-op maps, a new co-op campaign, and 16 new weapons.

While the first expansion pack provided a lot of content, the upcoming DLC is expected to expand the narrative of the game. Hence, it is not a surprise that the story-based DLC is adding a new world and a new character.

Although Nintendo has managed to keep the new character's identity a secret, fans are giving their take on who they want to be included in the upcoming big update. Along with the discovery of the leaked details, ResetEra also conducted a fan survey on who the new character should be. According to the fans' votes, Rayman is a favorite candidate that they want to see in the new DLC, followed by Waluigi and Rosalina.

"Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle" is a unique game that is a crossover of Nintendo's Super Mario franchise and Ubisoft's "Raving Rabbids" franchise. The game is a turn-based tactical role-playing game that was released earlier this year. Currently, the game includes four characters from the "Mario" franchise, namely Mario, Princess Peach, Luigi, and Yoshi.

Newsletter Stay up to date with Christian Today
News
Thousands attend 'March for Jesus' in Belfast
Thousands attend 'March for Jesus' in Belfast

"The atmosphere was full of joy, faith and the presence of God," said organisers.

'Quiet revival' claims 'laid to rest' once and for all as study shows UK churchgoing continues to fall
'Quiet revival' claims 'laid to rest' once and for all as study shows UK churchgoing continues to fall

New figures from the British Social Attitudes survey also show there are no signs of a religious revival among young people. 

Proposed conversion therapy ban comes up against human rights law
Proposed conversion therapy ban comes up against human rights law

Labour wants to ban so-called 'conversion therapy' but critics point out that abusive practices are already illegal.