James Franco sexual harassment news: Actor erased from Vanity Fair cover

James Franco has been digitally removed from the cover of the Vanity Fair Hollywood issue amid allegations of sexual harassment.

"We made a decision not to include James Franco on the Hollywood cover once we learned of the misconduct allegations against him," a spokesperson for Vanity Fair told The Hollywood Reporter.

The cover article, titled "12 Extraordinary Stars, One Momentous Year," included a dozen of Hollywood's biggest and most influential stars for the past year, as well as Vanity Fair editor-in-chief Graydon Carter.

According to THR, multiple sources confirmed that Franco was involved in the Annie Leibovitz shoot and was also interviewed back in November. He was to be part of the triple panel cover for his multiple nominations as Best Actor for "Disaster Artist." However, it was also his Golden Globe win that pushed Vanity Fair to photoshop him out of the all-star cover.

Just hours after his win, several women came out to allege that they were victims of sexual harassment perpetrated by the 39-year-old actor, who, ironically wore a Time's Up pin to the event, in support of the anti-sexual abuse movement.

Franco has since denied the accusations.

Following the allegations, a source told Entertainment Tonight that Franco already knew he was going to be removed from the cover. "He'd been bracing for the fallout," the insider said. Still, it was a major "kick to the gut" for the actor, who had been looking forward to being featured alongside a number of Hollywood icons.

"It's a very momentous moment. Opportunities like this don't come around often," the source added.

The Vanity Fair Hollywood issue, which was released on Jan. 25, features Oprah Winfrey, Nicole Kidman, Reese Witherspoon, Tom Hanks, Michael B. Jordan, Zendaya, Jessica Chastain, Claire Foy, Michael Shannon, Harrison Ford, Gal Gadot, Carter, and Robert de Niro.

Carter was the one who launched the Hollywood issue over 20 years ago, and this year's release marks his last hurrah for the magazine.

In an accompanying article, the magazine explained that the cover personalities were chosen based on the films and TV shows they represented, which "took the #MeToo movement in stride, offering strong women in leading roles, as well as the strong men supporting them."

News
Pastor considers legal action after arrest over comments on Islam and transgender ideology
Pastor considers legal action after arrest over comments on Islam and transgender ideology

The Alliance Defending Freedom warns of more such arrests if the government introduces its much-maligned definition of 'anti-Muslim hatred'.

Why do Christians observe Shrove Tuesday?
Why do Christians observe Shrove Tuesday?

17 February 2026 is Shrove Tuesday, the traditional day for eating pancakes before the start of Lent. This is the story …

CoE announces £400,000 to get young people into choirs
CoE announces £400,000 to get young people into choirs

Most CoE choirs currently have no children involved.

Christian social worker who lost job offer over marriage and sexuality beliefs wins appeal
Christian social worker who lost job offer over marriage and sexuality beliefs wins appeal

A Christian social worker whose offer of a job was withdrawn over public comments he made about marriage and sexuality has won his case at appeal.