Floyd Mayweather net worth 2015: $176 million more after Manny Pacquiao fight

Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao official fight poster Wikipedia

Floyd Mayweather came out victorious against eight-division world champion Manny Pacquiao via unanimous decision. According to a report by Mirror, the undefeated American boxer earned over £116,554,424 or $176 million due to the 60-40 deal that was decided upon when the match was contracted last February. 

The contract would grant Mayweather 60 percent of the fight's earnings whether he won or lost. The fight generated well over a predicted $300 million revenue, giving Mayweather his highest career paycheck yet. According to a report from Forbes, the boxer previously had a net worth equal to $420 million. 

According to the Bleacher Report, Mayweather's projected present net worth, prior to the fight, was between $280 and $300 million. With the additional $176 million that the boxer recently earned, Mayweather is now worth a total of $470 million, making him the most valued boxer today. 

In comparison, Pacquiao's career earnings chartered up to $335 million prior to the fight. Pacquiao walked away from the fight with an estimated $117 million, shooting him up to $452 million. 

Mirror continued to explain that Mayweather's winnings would allow the boxer to purchase 97,129 square-meters of the city of Tokyo, lavishly rent 100 parking spaces in Manhattan, or own over 14 million shares of Real Oviedo. 

Arranging a fight between the two world champions went on for five years, with two negotiations failing. Mayweather's team first accused Pacquiao of drug abuse, stating that the boxer was utilizing steroid drugs to gain an unfair advantage. The second negotiation failed due to scheduling conflicts and a stalemate regarding the winnings. 

The fight was eventually confirmed and scheduled back in February. The boxers met last May 3 for a 12-round match. Mayweather won through a point advantage.

Neither boxer was knocked down during the confrontation and Pacquiao went on record, as cited by the Business Insider, stating, "I thought I won. He didn't do nothing."

 

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.