Cleveland Browns NFL 2015 roster news: Joe Haden to likely miss game against Broncos due to concussion

 Wikimedia Commons/Erik Drost

It is an injury-laden season for Cleveland Browns cornerback Joe Haden, who is expected to miss their game against the undefeated Denver Broncos this Sunday due to a concussion suffered in Week 5's 33–30 overtime win over the Baltimore Ravens. 

According to ESPN, Haden suffered the injury in the fourth quarter of Sunday's game when his head hit the ground following a collision while he was in midair. 

Meanwhile, Cleveland.com reported that after the fall, Haden headed to the locker room to undergo neurological examinations and was unable to check back in the game. 

"As you look over time, that's accurate, I'd say that (one game) would be average," Pettine said regarding Haden's playing status. 

However, this was not the first injury Haden, who is currently going through the National Football League's (NFL) concussion protocol program, battled with this 2015 season. 

In their Week 3 loss to the Oakland Raiders, the 26-year-old injured his ribs and sustained a broken finger making him miss Week 4's game against the San Diego Chargers, which they also lost.

Haden decided to play through the injuries against the Ravens but it did not end well as he had the concussion. 

In Haden's absence, cornerback Pierre Desir who has nine tackles in five games played will likely be the one stepping up in his place. 

Haden, who is playing in his sixth season, has appeared in four games for Cleveland this season and has 19 tackles. 

The Browns are struggling, so far only having two wins in five games already played this season and their search for another win is not easy as they face the Broncos. 

Quarterback Peyton Manning and the Broncos are among the six other teams in the NFL that have yet to suffer a defeat this season. 

Along with the Broncos, the defending champions New England Patriots, Cincinnati Bengals, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, and the Green Bay Packers remain unbeaten. 

News
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings

The newly installed Archbishop of Westminster has said the Church must learn from victims of sexual abuse.

Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report
Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report

The institution of marriage has undergone a dramatic transformation over the past five decades - particularly among young adults.

Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent
Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent

One of England’s most well-known, historic and picturesque cathedrals has announced plans to run a Lent series looking at truth in the modern world.