Buffalo Bills NFL 2015 roster news: Marcell Dareus signed to massive extension deal

 Wikimedia Commons/Jeffrey Beall

The Buffalo Bills handed a huge six-year, $100 million extension deal to defensive tackle Marcell Dareus whose contract now with the team will total to $108 million for the next seven seasons. 

Dareus still has one year remaining in his current contract with the Bills that will earn him $8 million for the 2015 season. 

The new extension deal comes with a guaranteed $60 million and also a $25 million signing bonus, according to NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport and NFL Media's Rand Getlin. 

Buffalo announced the signing Thursday but no financial information was disclosed, ESPN reported. 

Before being signed to the extension contract, Buffalo News interviewed Dareus last month who hinted that he was looking to have the same deal as Miami Dolphins defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh but later said that he just wants to be treated right like everyone else.

The average annual value of Dareus' deal is worth $15.4 million and is lower than Suh's $19 million. 

But the guaranteed $60 million in Dareus' deal is higher compared to Suh who has $59.96 million guaranteed in his six-year contract with the Dolphins signed last March. 

The 25-year-old defensive tackle was the third overall pick by the Bills in the 2011 National Football League (NFL) Draft and already made it to the Pro Bowl twice and was part of 2014's All-Pro team. 

Unfortunately, because of a violation of the league's substance abuse policy, Dareus will not be able to join the Bills in their season opener as he was handed a one-game suspension by the NFL. 

The Bills will be opening their 2015 campaign hosting the Indianapolis Colts at the Ralph Wilson Stadium on Sept. 13. 

Buffalo is hoping for a better outcome in the 2015 season after finishing last season with a 9–7 record which was not enough to make it to the playoffs. 

The Bills failed to reach the playoffs for the 15th consecutive time last season and are looking to end the slump this year. 

News
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings

The newly installed Archbishop of Westminster has said the Church must learn from victims of sexual abuse.

Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report
Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report

The institution of marriage has undergone a dramatic transformation over the past five decades - particularly among young adults.

Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent
Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent

One of England’s most well-known, historic and picturesque cathedrals has announced plans to run a Lent series looking at truth in the modern world.