Happy Birthday Justin Bieber. I don't know about you, but he's feeling 22.
21 was a significant year for Justin – he released his number 1 album 'Purpose', won countless awards and has gone public with his personal faith.
Having made headlines for alleged drug use and DUI [Driving Under the Influence] charges, Justin's tune has changed more recently.
He opened up in a long and comprehensive interview in Complex about his personal faith and desire to live like Jesus. He has become more invovled in church, even travelling to Australia to attend a Hillsong conference. In an interview with GQ, celebrity pastor Carl Lentz shared about the moving moment Justin was baptised in a bath.
So what better way to celebrate the birth of Bieber, than with a list of five times he has spoken about his faith.
1. "I pray when I go to sleep. I pray during the day – when I have a problem or when I just wanna thank Him for all He's done for me. Without God I wouldn't be in this position. He's blessed me with the talent and opportunity. And I feel like there's also a reason I'm here."
– Speaking to the Radio Times on the eve of his first Grammy Award, February 2016.
2. "I feel invincible like, nothing is bigger than God. If God's for me, who can be against me? That's helped me in a lot of situations where I feel judged. It gives you confidence and you can carry yourself in a cool way, but it's not cocky. It's a confidence that's a godly confidence. That's what I always want. I wanna be loved for being a good dude and for being confident in myself because I know who I am and what I carry and what I sacrifice."
3. "It's like with God: The whole thing with religion is you present yourself holy and bring your offerings so that God can bless you, when the whole point of the relationship [should be], 'No, I'm gonna do this because he loves me. I'm gonna do this because he's amazing and not because [I] have to, [but] because [I] want to.' That's the whole thing with religion that's been throwing off the people. It's not a 'have to.' It should be just like a personal relationship. Like, 'Hey, I love you because you first loved me'."
– Complex, September 2015
4. "I feel I have an obligation to plant little seeds with my fans. I'm not going to tell them, 'You need Jesus,' but I will say at the end of my show, 'God loves you'."
5. "I'm not religious nor do i think I have ANYTHING figured out that's why I call out on God to help me through what I can't do on my own. Developing my relationship with God has been the coolest thing I've experienced, to know that I'm not alone and I don't have to live in fear. Never feel like I'm pushing anything on u but sharing the good news I've felt in my own life."