Miss USA 2014 winner is MIss Nevada Nia Sanchez
UPDATE: Miss Nevada Nia Sanchez took home the Miss USA 2014 crown on Sunday night's pageant. The 24-year-old is the first to win the pageant from Nevada. The final six contestants included miss Iowa, North Dakota, Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana.
The 63rd annual Miss USA 2014 competition will take place Sunday, June 8.
This year's event will take place at the Baton Rouge River Center in Baton Rouge, La., and will be airing live on NBC from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET. Live updates can be found on Miss USA's social media accounts: Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. A live stream of entire competition will be available to watch online via live stream at NBC.com tomorrow.
Giuliana Rancic and Thomas Roberts will be hosting the show, with special performances lined up for the night..
Florida Georgia Line has been added to the list of performers, along with special guest Nelly, Marc Broussard, and the Dirty Dozen Brass Bands. Also added to the musical lineup is Latin pop band Camila.
Miss USA commentator Jeannie Mai will also be returning to interview contestants backstage.
For the first time, the Miss USA competition has been extended to a three-hour show.
Fans will be able to vote for their favorite contestants through Twitter online during the evening gown competition. Fans can vote by tweeting #SaveTheQueen along with a keyword that will be provided during the live telecast.
Contestants from 50 states and the District of Columbia will be competing for the 2014 Miss USA title, where they will be taking part in the swimsuit, evening gown and interview process.
Among the contestants hoping to win the Miss USA title this year is Miss Pennsylvania Valerie Gatto, who revealed that she was conceived when her mother was attacked and raped at knifepoint when she was just 19 years old.
Gatto, 24, told NBC's Today show, "Being a child of rape, not knowing who my father is, not knowing if he's ever ben found, most people would think it's such a negative situation. Being a voice is life-changing, and I just want to keep going."
Gatto told Today that her mother told her at a very young age that "something bad happened" to her. "A very bad man hurt me, but God gave me you."
Her mother was attacked and dragged behind a busy street in Pittsburgh. She told Pittsburgh Tribine-Review: "He was going to murder her, but there was just this bright flash of light and he got scared and didn't want any onlookers to see her and what he was doing to her."
She kept her pregnancy a secret and had intended to put her baby up for adoption before she was told by Gatto's great grandmother to keep her. "God doesn't give you more than you can handle," her great grandmother said.
This year's judges are Karl Malone, Ian Ziering, Lance Bass, Rumer Willis, Allie LaForce, Dolvett Quince, Barbara Palacios, Randy Couture and Melissa Peterman.
The preliminary competition took place on June 4.
See the full list of contestants along with their profile and photos here.
Last year's Miss USA winner Erin Brady will be crowning the winner at the end of the show.
Watch exclusive Miss USA clips here.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- 6 Ways Practically To Step Out In Courage
- Why Are Evangelicals So Bad At Dealing With Doubt?
- 3 ways Jesus challenges authority
- Is Lindsay Lohan Converting To Islam? Actress Denies Move After Posting Arabic Peace Message On Social Media
- Four evangelistic approaches which probably don't work
- Christian Movie Producer Mark Burnett On Ben Hur And The Forgiveness Of Christ
- Christian Gospel Star Travis Greene To Perform At Donald Trump Inauguration
- Pendant Similar To That Worn By Anne Frank Unearthed In Nazi Concentration Camp
- Five Evangelistic Ideas That Might Actually Work
- Nigeria Air Force Kills 52 And Injures 120 Refugees, Aid Workers And Other Civilians In Air Attack Intended For Boko Haram
- McDonald's Vatican Branch Offers Free Meals to the Homeless
- Istanbul Nightclub Gunman Arrested - Turkish Officials
- Russell Moore Blasts White Supremacy As 'Cruelly Cunning'
- 'His Glory Is On The Church': Syrians Converting To Christianity Amid Brutal Persecution
- Iraq Church Used As Shooting Range By ISIS Jihadis