Miss USA 2014 winner is MIss Nevada Nia Sanchez
UPDATE: Miss Nevada Nia Sanchez took home the Miss USA 2014 crown on Sunday night's pageant. The 24-year-old is the first to win the pageant from Nevada. The final six contestants included miss Iowa, North Dakota, Florida, Georgia, and Louisiana.
The 63rd annual Miss USA 2014 competition will take place Sunday, June 8.
This year's event will take place at the Baton Rouge River Center in Baton Rouge, La., and will be airing live on NBC from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. ET. Live updates can be found on Miss USA's social media accounts: Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. A live stream of entire competition will be available to watch online via live stream at NBC.com tomorrow.
Giuliana Rancic and Thomas Roberts will be hosting the show, with special performances lined up for the night..
Florida Georgia Line has been added to the list of performers, along with special guest Nelly, Marc Broussard, and the Dirty Dozen Brass Bands. Also added to the musical lineup is Latin pop band Camila.
Miss USA commentator Jeannie Mai will also be returning to interview contestants backstage.
For the first time, the Miss USA competition has been extended to a three-hour show.
Fans will be able to vote for their favorite contestants through Twitter online during the evening gown competition. Fans can vote by tweeting #SaveTheQueen along with a keyword that will be provided during the live telecast.
Contestants from 50 states and the District of Columbia will be competing for the 2014 Miss USA title, where they will be taking part in the swimsuit, evening gown and interview process.
Among the contestants hoping to win the Miss USA title this year is Miss Pennsylvania Valerie Gatto, who revealed that she was conceived when her mother was attacked and raped at knifepoint when she was just 19 years old.
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
Gatto, 24, told NBC's Today show, "Being a child of rape, not knowing who my father is, not knowing if he's ever ben found, most people would think it's such a negative situation. Being a voice is life-changing, and I just want to keep going."
Gatto told Today that her mother told her at a very young age that "something bad happened" to her. "A very bad man hurt me, but God gave me you."
Her mother was attacked and dragged behind a busy street in Pittsburgh. She told Pittsburgh Tribine-Review: "He was going to murder her, but there was just this bright flash of light and he got scared and didn't want any onlookers to see her and what he was doing to her."
She kept her pregnancy a secret and had intended to put her baby up for adoption before she was told by Gatto's great grandmother to keep her. "God doesn't give you more than you can handle," her great grandmother said.
This year's judges are Karl Malone, Ian Ziering, Lance Bass, Rumer Willis, Allie LaForce, Dolvett Quince, Barbara Palacios, Randy Couture and Melissa Peterman.
The preliminary competition took place on June 4.
See the full list of contestants along with their profile and photos here.
Last year's Miss USA winner Erin Brady will be crowning the winner at the end of the show.
Watch exclusive Miss USA clips here.
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Why The Local Church Is More Important Than Ever In The Digital Age
- What's Wrong With TULIP? Southern Baptists Resist 'Aggressive' Advance Of New Calvinism
- 75 Thoughts You Have At A Carol Service
- Should Protestants Pay More Attention To Mary? And What's The Immaculate Conception Anyway?
- Twitter Lights Up For #NationalChristmasTreeDay
- Four Great Christmas Videos You Might Not Have Come Across
- How Many Presents Should Your Child Receive On Christmas Day?
- 'Father Forgive': How One Christian Woman Learnt To Forgive Her Husband's Murderers
- Are You Living With A Ten-Verse Bible? Here's Why It's So Dangerous For Your Spiritual Health
- Hospitals Destroyed And Millions Starving: The Crisis In Yemen Is Worsening
- Franklin Graham Slams Time Magazine For Comparison Of Hillary Clinton To Moses
- Donald Trump Chooses Climate Sceptic and Committed Christian Scott Pruitt For Top Environment Job
- Christian Politician Faces Controversial Blasphemy Trial In Indonesia
- British Government Has Failed The Christians Of Syria And Iraq, Senior Clergy Say
- Christian Charity Compassion International Could Be Forced Out Of India