Eta Aquarids Meteor Shower 2013: Peak Time Tonight, Watch Live May 5-6
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower is expected to peak May 5. The peak time for the May meteor showers will be at 9 p.m. EDT, according to the International Meteor Organization (IMO).
For those in Europe, the star show can be watched in the early morning hours of May 6, just a few hours before dawn.
Those living stateside may even catch the shower earlier, on the morning of May 4.
The Eta Aquarids is definitely worth watching if the skies are clear.
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower is the first of two showers that occur each year as of the earth passes through flakes of dust from Halley's. This happens twice - in May and October.
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower radiates within the constellation Aquarius, where viewers normally catch the "shooting stars."
The Orionids will be visible in the period where the earth passes through the dust of Halley's Comet in October.
The Lyrids meteor shower peaked April 22, but many viewers were disappointed due to the bright glow of the moon which prevented the best views.
The Lyrids began on April 16 and continued till April 25. Up to 100 meteors per hour were spotted. The meteors come from the constellation.
The Lyrid meteor shower happens every year in the middle of April when the Earth passes dusty debris from the Comet Thatcher. This meteor shower has been observed by mankind for at least 2,600 years.
Katherine-Maxwell Rose on the frustrations, the challenges and the joys of the local church.
When put in the right direction, desire is actually a good thing that can bless our lives.
- Are Churches Really As Unwelcoming As Surveys Say?
- Why Pope Francis May Get The Cold Shoulder In Sweden
- God & The Presidency: The Faith of Dwight D Eisenhower
- Why I Left Church And Why I'm Going Back Again
- Out Of The Darkness: How God Transformed A Violent Criminal
- Doctor Strange: The Most Theological Marvel Movie So Far
- The Church And Argentina's Dirty War: Why The Vatican Needs To Open Its Files
- Sikh Woman Converts To Christianity After Praying To Jesus
- 3 Things Jesus' Death Teaches Us About Humanity
- Religious Freedom 'Is A Litmus Test Of Overall Freedom' Says EU Special Envoy
- 4 Countries Where Christians Are Persecuted For Their Faith
- Cathedral Lit Red In Solidarity With Persecuted Christians
- EU Parliament Votes To Protect Christians In Iraq After ISIS Is Defeated
- Vatican To Host Concert For The Poor And Homeless
- Jesus' 'Burial Slab' Uncovered For First Time In Centuries