Eta Aquarids Meteor Shower 2013: Peak Time Tonight, Watch Live May 5-6
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower is expected to peak May 5. The peak time for the May meteor showers will be at 9 p.m. EDT, according to the International Meteor Organization (IMO).
For those in Europe, the star show can be watched in the early morning hours of May 6, just a few hours before dawn.
Those living stateside may even catch the shower earlier, on the morning of May 4.
The Eta Aquarids is definitely worth watching if the skies are clear.
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower is the first of two showers that occur each year as of the earth passes through flakes of dust from Halley's. This happens twice - in May and October.
The Eta Aquarid meteor shower radiates within the constellation Aquarius, where viewers normally catch the "shooting stars."
The Orionids will be visible in the period where the earth passes through the dust of Halley's Comet in October.
The Lyrids meteor shower peaked April 22, but many viewers were disappointed due to the bright glow of the moon which prevented the best views.
The Lyrids began on April 16 and continued till April 25. Up to 100 meteors per hour were spotted. The meteors come from the constellation.
The Lyrid meteor shower happens every year in the middle of April when the Earth passes dusty debris from the Comet Thatcher. This meteor shower has been observed by mankind for at least 2,600 years.
Money is often a sore subject for churches. We're often not sure how to talk about it in an honourable way, so we don't talk about it at all.
Martin Saunders offers his latest script: a moving drama based on the personal and spiritual lives of a group of Christians in a church small group...
- Christian Small Group: The rejected TV pilot
- Earthquakes and floods: Is God punishing people?
- Does money really stop us getting into heaven?
- The Bible study method that helps small groups really work
- Revelation 2: Has the church lost its first love?
- Should Christian charities take atheists' money?
- Top 5 daily prayer apps to help your devotional life
- 'We are living in darkness': The heartbreaking suffering of refugees stranded in Greece
- Finding God in the midst of suffering
- Boko Haram leaves 1.4 million children displaced, dozens used as suicide bombers - Unicef
- Burkini ban suspended by top French court over 'breach of fundamental freedoms'
- US Christian among first victims of Russia's anti-evangelism law
- Devastating earthquake in Italy prompts outpouring of support; Benedictine monks among those affected
- ISIS hostage Kayla Mueller stood up for her Christian faith while in captivity
- Nuns barred from wearing habits on the beach, says deputy mayor of Nice