4th of July fireworks DC: 'A Capitol Fourth' live stream on PBS, Watch Washington D.C. parade online [Route map]
Millions of Americans will be gathering at major city destinations to celebrate Independence Day today on 4th of July.
Washington D.C., the national's capital, will hold its own concert and fireworks show, including a parade.
The parade will begin at 11:45 a.m. featuring 300 floats, bands and military units. The parade route will be along the Constitutional Avenue and 7th Street NW. Live streaming of the parade is available HERE.
Apart from the parade, the concert and fireworks show, titled "A Capitol Fourth," hosted by Tom Bergeron, will be broadcast live on PBS. The performance lineup includes Neil Diamond, Candice Glover, Barry Manilow, Scotty McCreery, Darren Criss, Megan Hilty, and many more. The National Symphony Orchestra will also be featured.
The live stream coverage of "A Capitol Fourth" can be seen HERE from 8 p.m. ET. The celebrations will feature a live cannon fire provided by the United States Army Presidential Salute Battery.
Fireworks are expected to light up the sky at 9 p.m.
For those who want to head out to the capital to watch the fireworks, one of the best places will be the National Mall and Lincoln Memorial.
Entry to The Mall will begin at 10 a.m. and all visitors will be inspected to pass through checkpoints.
The free Smithsonian Folklife Festival will start at 11 a.m. until 5:30 p.m. There will be free music and dance performances, arts and crafts, and storytelling.
See the map of the parade route below:
View National Independence Day Parade Route in a larger map
An explosion rocked the Chelsea neighborhood of Manhattan on Saturday night, injuring at least 29 people, authorities said, adding that they are investigating the blast as a criminal act not immediately linked to any terror organization.
Olympic runner Allyson Felix credits her faith for her success as an athlete.
- Children Fleeing ISIS In Mosul Find Sanctuary
- Rick Warren: How To Respond When Someone Hurts You
- Why Practising Christian Mindfulness Doesn't Mean Turning Buddhist
- Why The Pope's Historic Trip To Sweden Is So Significant
- Will Christians And Muslims Be Able To Live Side By Side In Iraq After ISIS?
- Sexual Violence: Why Christians Have To Talk About It
- Power Women: The Villagers Standing Up Against Sierra Leone's Rapists
- 3 Ancient Prayers That Will Help You Encounter God In A New Way
- Is Your Giving Doing More Harm Than Good?
- God's Newly Discovered Creations Amaze Scientists: Bizarre New Animals Found Under 'Submerged America'
- Basilica Of The Transfiguration Vandalised And Robbed
- Christians Still At Risk Of Extinction In Iraq Even After Defeat Of ISIS
- I Was Kicked Out Of Turkey For Being A Christian
- Child Refugees From Calais Head For Britain As France Prepares To Demolish Jungle
- Pope Urges Venezuelan Leader To Negotiate With Opposition Amid Crisis