WWE news: Enzo Amore fired due to sexual assault allegations

Enzo Amore Wikimedia Commons/Jordan Smith

The World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) made good on their word when they said that they have "zero tolerance for matters involving sexual harassment or sexual assault" by immediately firing one of their current champions who has received complaints regarding sexual misconduct.

Enzo Amore, who competed in the company's cruiserweight division as the current champion, was fired hours before the 25<sup>th anniversary of "Monday Night Raw" after a certain Philomena Sheahan accused Amore, real name Eric Arndt, of molesting her in Arizona back in October 2017.

The company was not aware of the issue until Sheahan's accusations went viral on twitter. Although Amore denied the allegations, he did admit to the investigation that the local authorities conducted, something that did not sit well with the WWE, as Amore neglected to notify them in spite of being aware that he was being investigated.

The company's initial decision regarding the matter was to suspend Amore, which was posted in the WWE's official page. Just hours after the posting, however, the company announced that they had released the wrestler.

The announcement read: the "WWE has come to terms on the release of Eric Arndt (Enzo Amore)," which is noticeably different from the company's usual statement of release as they usually end their announcements with "The company wishes [name of superstar] the best in his/her future endeavors."

The announcement was blunt and direct to the point, which further hints that the company is very much aware of the gravity of the accusations thrown at Amore.

This is not the first time that he drew the ire of the company and his co-workers. He was banned from the superstar locker room last year because the other wrestlers could no longer stand his loud and over-the-top attitude. It was no secret that Amore was the least liked worker backstage and his recent predicament only worsened his relationship with the entire WWE.

The release effectively strips Amore of the WWE Cruiserweight title, which he was scheduled to defend against Cedric Alexander this Sunday at the Royal Rumble pay per view.

News
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens
The groundbreaking BBC series that brought Jesus to TV screens

Seventy years ago, in February 1956, the BBC aired the mini-series “Jesus of Nazareth”, which was the first filming of the life of Jesus to be created for television. This is the story …

Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes
Christians mobilised to oppose extreme abortion law changes

Christians are being asked to urge peers to support amendments tabled by Baronesses Monckton and Stroud.

Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror
Thousands of Christians return to churches in north-east Nigeria despite years of terror

The faithful are returning “in their thousands, not hundreds” despite more than a decade of brutal violence.

Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend
Trump is '100 per cent' more spiritual after assassination attempt, says pastor friend

Trump's pastor and friend Mark Burns said the US President knows "the hand of God' was on him when he survived the 2024 assassination attempt.