'Steven Universe' season 4 cancellation news: No truth to the rumors; show continues on November 17

A promotional image for "Steven Universe." Facebook/StevenUniverse

There have been rumors that "Steven Universe" is going to get canceled despite the fact that Cartoon Network already renewed the show for season 5 earlier this year. Are they going to go back on their word? That's not wise and the network knows it.

Sure, series creator Rebecca Sugar has admitted that she had to fight for the themes that she wanted in the show, but that does not mean "Steven Universe" is going to get canceled all of a sudden because of disagreements.

First of all, why would anyone believe random reports, YouTubers and Redditors saying it's going to get canceled because it allegedly has low ratings? Are those people industry insiders? Did Cartoon Network announce this? Well, the network never said anything about the ratings, so these people probably looked into a crystal ball and tried to foretell the future.

Besides, season 4 has been airing since Aug. 11. That's something several reports failed to mention. It's not like "Gem Harvest" is the first episode of season 4. It's the eighth, and it's going to air on Nov. 17. This is a double-length episode, by the way.

Admittedly, the show has been on hiatus since episode 7 aired on Sept. 15, but "Steven Universe" also took long breaks during its previous seasons. It's nothing out of the ordinary.

At the end of the day, this rumor has no legs to stand on. So, fans like the one who made a thread on the "Steven Universe" Wikia site have nothing to worry about because the show is in good hands.

Earlier this year, Sugar told Newsarama that she already has plans for season 5.

"I have big plans for that season! Endgame or not I'm shooting for the moon, I'm going to write us into a serious corner!" she stated. 

Now, that's something to look forward to.

Newsletter Stay up to date with Christian Today
News
Holy Land leader welcomes release of Palestinian Anglican held by Israel
Holy Land leader welcomes release of Palestinian Anglican held by Israel

Many of the details surrounding Layan Nasir's case remain unclear.

Government fund for historic churches opens for submissions
Government fund for historic churches opens for submissions

The government's handling of funding for historic churches has been criticised.

‘We’ve had nothing like this’ - over 30,000 attend historic Franklin Graham evangelical gathering in Belarus
‘We’ve had nothing like this’ - over 30,000 attend historic Franklin Graham evangelical gathering in Belarus

The two-day “Festival of Hope”, organised by Franklin Graham and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA), drew almost 31,000 people to Chizhovka Arena in the Belarusian capital.

Despite minor improvements, Saudi Arabia remains a tough place for Christians
Despite minor improvements, Saudi Arabia remains a tough place for Christians

Officially, conversion from Islam carries the death penalty.