Shawn Johnson and Andrew East share miscarriage in video

A painful story was shared by couple Shawn Johnson and Andrew East on Saturday, Oct. 21, on their YouTube account. The former Olympic gymnast revealed that she suffered a miscarriage six weeks into the pregnancy.

The clip started with the couple introducing the video titled "pregnancy + heartbreak." The 21-minute post showed the journey of the couple for two consecutive days, from knowing that they were pregnant to visiting the doctor, to learning of the misfortune.

The gold medalist in the video showed two pregnancy kits whose results showed that she was pregnant. "I definitely wasn't planning this but it's really, really exciting," said Johnson, who was crying out of excitement when she knew of the blessing. She went on to explain that she had been feeling sick, possibly with morning sickness, which led her to take several pregnancy tests. East, who was initially on an out-of-town trip, was surprised upon knowing about the pregnancy. 

After what seemed like an exciting announcement, the video then showed Johnson and East's trip to the doctor. The former Olympian revealed that she had had stomachaches and bleeding that made her visit a doctor, who then confirmed the heartbreaking news. The doctor explained that it the miscarriage was a natural occurrence and not caused by any external factors.

Towards the end of the video, the 26-year-old football player exclaimed that he was proud of how strong Johnson was. The couple revealed that they had already bought shoes for the supposed baby. Despite the bad news, they were still optimistic about future possibilities and said that the video was meant to reach couples who have gone through a similar experience.

The whirlwind days of the couple had garnered much support from their fans. YouTube user Kyla Borcherding lauded Johnson for being brave despite the tragic incident, while a lot of viewers expressed their condolences for the loss of the baby. The couple wed in April 2016 in Franklin, Tennessee.

Newsletter Stay up to date with Christian Today
News
Holy Land leader welcomes release of Palestinian Anglican held by Israel
Holy Land leader welcomes release of Palestinian Anglican held by Israel

Many of the details surrounding Layan Nasir's case remain unclear.

Government fund for historic churches opens for submissions
Government fund for historic churches opens for submissions

The government's handling of funding for historic churches has been criticised.

‘We’ve had nothing like this’ - over 30,000 attend historic Franklin Graham evangelical gathering in Belarus
‘We’ve had nothing like this’ - over 30,000 attend historic Franklin Graham evangelical gathering in Belarus

The two-day “Festival of Hope”, organised by Franklin Graham and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA), drew almost 31,000 people to Chizhovka Arena in the Belarusian capital.

Despite minor improvements, Saudi Arabia remains a tough place for Christians
Despite minor improvements, Saudi Arabia remains a tough place for Christians

Officially, conversion from Islam carries the death penalty.