Moto 360 2 release date: Smartwatch might be unveiled during IFA

Moto 360 Official Motorola Blog

During Motorola's launch event on Tuesday, July 28, fans of the company's smartwatch did not get what they came for. The Moto 360 2, the supposed upgrade to the 2014-released wearable that was expected to be unveiled with Motorola's new-gen phones, was not featured during the affair. 

According to Forbes, tech enthusiasts are now turning to the IFA for its unveiling as it is the likeliest event Motorola will launch the device. 

The Lenovo-owned company has yet to drop a hint about the smartwatch. Lenovo chairman and chief executive Yang Yuanqing's statement back in May remains to be the most solid proof that a new Moto 360 actually exists. 

"We have many new models in development with the Moto brands," Yuanqing told The Telegraph. "So you may see in summer us launching some very exciting products, including phones and watches."  

Earlier this year, Yuanqing posted on Weibo a photo of what was believed was the Moto 360 2. He deleted it as soon as he could, which further gave fans a reason to think that he may have accidentally revealed the product too early. 

Another image that popped up in Weibo (which has since been removed) shows that the new Moto 360 will finally get a circular screen. The display of the previous iteration of the device had a black bar at the bottom. This leak prompted speculations that the device's screen will finally be at full 360 × 360 pixels. 

In addition, Lenovo's Eastern Europe division VP Gleb Mishin was quoted by WCCF Tech months back that the successor to the Moto 360 2 will sport a "modern" and "new" design. IDigital Times adds that the smartwatch will have swappable bands and will be highly-customizable to the extent that its Android Wear OS can run iOS.

Moto 360 2 is expected to be officially unveiled at the IFA event in Berlin, which is scheduled to take place from Sept. 4 to 9. 

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.