'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' premiere: J.J. Abrams says film is almost complete

 facebook.com/StarWarsPH

With less than a month before Disney Studios premieres "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" on the big screen, director J.J. Abrams revealed that he only has a few more tasks left to do to complete the movie.

In a fundraising event for the Montclair Film Festival in New Jersey held last weekend, Abrams shared that he just finished the sound mixing of the movie earlier that day, but is still "left with six very small, but important things that (still) need to be done," The Verge reported.

The director offered no further explanation about the unfinished task or any other new details about the plot of the seventh installment of the epic "Star Wars" film saga. However, he did provide several pieces of information about the film's production when the event's host Stephen Colbert asked about his signature style of using a lot of lens flares in his films.

"As you'll see, I've allowed lens flares to take a backseat," Abrams explained. "Every time there could be a flare, Roger would tell me, 'These are not the flares you are looking for.'"

Meanwhile, "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" has been given more TV spots, and they provide a lot of new footage and dialogues.

One of the things that featured in the new trailers is the first look of the cockpits of the film's X-Wings. They also show one of the new pilots, who looks like the co-pilot of Lando Calrissian in the Millennium Falcon, Sullustan Nien Nunb. The character was also seen in "Return of the Jedi."

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" currently holds a new cinema record of earning more than $50 million in advanced tickets, according to The Hollywood Reporter. It surpassed the record achieved by "The Dark Knight Rises," which reached $25 million in 2012.

The seventh major "Star Wars" film will debut on the big screen in North America on Dec. 18, and it will hold a big world premiere on Dec. 14.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.