'Project CARS' Wii U release date cancelled; coming to NX?

Project CARS Slightly Mad Studios

Game developer Slightly Mad Studios has officially cancelled the Wii U version of "Project CARS." According to their statement to gaming outlet Nintendo Life, the game is simply "too much" for the Wii U to handle. Ian Bell, head of the studio, also explained that they are waiting for Nintendo to make announcements for further hardware, which could be the NX. 

An update was later given by Bandai Namco, the game's publisher. According to a report from IGN, the representative from Bandai Namco stated that the Wii U version of the game has indeed been cancelled because the project could not meet their intended version of "Project CARS" for the Wii-U. The representative also reiterated that the company is waiting for Nintendo to announce an update on future hardware where the game could continue development.

"We eagerly look forward to any announcement of further hardware from Nintendo but right now 'Project CARS' is simply too much for Wii U despite our very best efforts," the representative explained. 

If Nintendo pushes forward with the NX, it is very likely that "Project CARS" will be developed for that system instead when the time comes. 

According to a report from Polygon, "Project CARS" was crowd-funded but not via Kickstarter. The report also says that a Wii U edition was never promised and was always tacked on as a possible option if it is deemed possible.

The website further points out that Bell previously stated on the game's forum that the team was already experiencing difficulties on the Wii U version of the game. At the time, he confirmed that they could run "Project CARS" at 23 frames per second at 720p resolutions but not beyond. 

"Project CARS" was released last May 12 for the PC, PS4, and Xbox One. A sequel has been announced and the team is currently looking to raise $10.7 million to develop the title.  

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.