Los Angeles wildfires 2017 news update: Lea Michele evacuates home, says she did not want to take risk

The wildfires in California had been alarming, to say the least, with most panicking and evacuating their homes even before authorities make the precautionary calls. "Glee" alum Lea Michele, who played lead Rachel Berry in the musical drama series, was one of those that fled her home amidst the fires.

Michele admitted that she did not want to take a risk in times like this, especially since the wildfires had been continuing in the region. "[My house is] nearby. I'm someone who doesn't risk anything," the "Scream Queens" actress said in an interview with E! News.

"Everything will be fine but it's just better to be safe than sorry," Michele continued. She then revealed that she had just brought her cat with her and went to celebrity stylist Brad Goreski to keep safe and explained that she just needed to grab the things that matter most.

"The Mayor" star also clarified that her house was undamaged. Earlier that day, Michele had uploaded a photo of trees against an orange sky and smoke, and captioned it with "This is so scary."

The 31-year-old actress later attended The Hollywood Reporter's Power 100 Women in Entertainment Breakfast. Fortunately, despite the incident, she still was able to grace the event held to honor women achievers in show business.

There were also celebrities that did not make it to the event, as caused by the gridlocks of the wildfires and other related issues. Some of these personalities were award-winning actress Meryl Streep, this year's Forbes' highest paid model Kendall Jenner, reality star Kim Kardashian, and "Man of Steel" actress Diane Lane.

California woke up to a smoky Tuesday morning, and Ventura County residents witnessed the spread of wildfire strengthen by Santa Ana winds. Meanwhile, another fire was reported near UCLA and Bel Air community, where many celebrities live.

Newsletter Stay up to date with Christian Today
News
Holy Land leader welcomes release of Palestinian Anglican held by Israel
Holy Land leader welcomes release of Palestinian Anglican held by Israel

Many of the details surrounding Layan Nasir's case remain unclear.

Government fund for historic churches opens for submissions
Government fund for historic churches opens for submissions

The government's handling of funding for historic churches has been criticised.

‘We’ve had nothing like this’ - over 30,000 attend historic Franklin Graham evangelical gathering in Belarus
‘We’ve had nothing like this’ - over 30,000 attend historic Franklin Graham evangelical gathering in Belarus

The two-day “Festival of Hope”, organised by Franklin Graham and the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association (BGEA), drew almost 31,000 people to Chizhovka Arena in the Belarusian capital.

Despite minor improvements, Saudi Arabia remains a tough place for Christians
Despite minor improvements, Saudi Arabia remains a tough place for Christians

Officially, conversion from Islam carries the death penalty.