'Fast and Furious 8' news: Vin Diesel confirms one last trilogy

Fast and Furious Facebook/ Fast and Furious

As previously reported, "Fast and Furious 8" has no director attached and there have been reports of the film experiencing difficulty in hiring one allegedly due to Vin Diesel's interference. The actor has finally addressed the controversy and also confirmed that a new trilogy of "Fast and Furious" films will be made to end the saga.

"My producing partner Neal [Moritz] would love for me to just sign off on a director, but this is too special a franchise, so these matters have to be very carefully handled," Diesel confirmed via his Facebook page. "To be clear, no one has been offered to helm 'Fast 8' yet... let alone seen a script."

Diesel then confirmed that a director will be announced in his next post.

In the previous report, Moritz also confirmed that director James Wan was never included on their shortlist of directors due to his commitment to "The Conjuring 2," a venture the studios respected. Diesel's camp and Wan's camp also denied that there were any tensions between them that could cause an issue in hiring a director.

In Diesel's post, he also confirmed that he has promised Universal Studios one more trilogy of films to officially end the series. This would mean "Fast and Furious 8" would start a new story arc, most likely involving Kurt Russell's Mr. Nobody, that would continue in "Fast and Furious 9" and then end in "Fast and Furious 10."

One of the major changes the new trilogy will face is the lack of the late Paul Walker's character, Brian. The character was given a proper send-off in the latest entry in the franchise, but the new trilogy will most likely struggle to find a new identity without one of its leading cast members.

Another point of interest is whether or not Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson will return.

The fans of the Fast & Furious SAGA are the best fans in the world... Since I became the Producer in 2008, you have been...

Posted by Vin Diesel on Friday, September 25, 2015
News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.