'Fast and Furious 8' spoilers: Vin Diesel reveals sequel details

Fast and Furious 8 Twitter via F Gary Gray

As previously reported, "Fast and Furious 8" has finally found its director in "Straight Outta Compton" helmsman F. Gary Gray. More details regarding the film were then later discussed by actor Vin Diesel during his appearance on "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon."

During the discussion, Diesel did confirm that Gray was helming the film and then revealed that for the first time the franchise was going to be primarily set in New York City. Most of the recent "Fast and Furious" were set outside the United States, from Rio to London, given that the main characters were - at the time - outlaws hiding from U.S. authorities.

When asked if Diesel and Paramount Pictures are indeed planning three more films the actor replied, "A trilogy, yes." 

This confirms speculations that one more trilogy will close out the franchise, culminating in a grand finale in "Fast and Furious 10." According to Cinema Blend, it is likely that this final set of films will bring back the majority of the main cast save for the few whose characters have been killed off such as Gal Gadot's Giselle and Sung Kang's Han. 

One point Diesel did not expound on was the matter of the late Paul Walker's character, Brian O'Connor. The character was given a proper send off in "Fast and Furious 7," but according to a Huffington Post Live interview with actress Jordana Brewster, it is possible that O'Connor's wife Mia, whom she plays, may be back in the eigth film.

Unless she is only appearing in a short cameo, bringing Mia back without O'Connor will require some exposition as it was indicated in the previous film that they were done with the dangerous lifestyle and were considered "retired." 

One cast member that is indeed coming back is Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and it is also speculated that Kurt Russell's Mr. Nobody will be back, being a pivotal character for "Fast and Furious 8" and its two sequels.

"Fast and Furious 8" opens in theaters on April 14, 2017.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.