'Dancing with the Stars' 2015 cast rumors: NBA star Anthony Davis turns down offer to join

"Dancing with the Stars" season 21 almost had New Orleans Pelicans superstar Anthony Davis as a contestant. However, he turned down the offer since he is not as good on the dance floor as he is in the basketball court. 

"Well, I've seen a couple players on Dancing with the Stars — you know, just athletes not even NBA players – and I actually got asked to do it, but I can't dance," the NBA superstar told TMZ. "I didn't want to embarrass myself [...] but sometimes I do something just to have fun." 

That said, it looks like Davis is sticking with what he does best – hardcore hoops and a jersey rather than a graceful twirl and a leotard. Uproxx hopes he will change his mind soon as the site argues that "Dancing with the Stars" definitely won't put him there without preparing him. 

On the other hand, Carter Matt explains that apart from Davis' unwillingness to join the show, even if the star player does, his schedule won't allow it. According to the publication, the show films in the same months as the NBA season, which is where he needs to be. 

The site adds that if "Dancing with the Stars" season 21 really wants Davis to grace their stage, they would have to wait for 15 years or more, basically when he is retired to invite him again. NBA players who previously joined the contest were not playing during the time they participated. 

For now, fans of Davis, who is just starting to determine his peak in his basketball career, will see the basketballer on the cover of "NBA 2K16" with Stephen Curry of Golden State Warriors and James Harden of Houston Rockets. The video game will be released Sept. 29.

"Dancing With the Stars" season 21 premieres Sept. 14. 

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.