Blake Lively hand injury news: 'The Rhythm Section' shuts down production indefinitely

Blake Lively's spy thriller "The Rhythm Section" has suspended production indefinitely after the actress sustained a hand injury.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the crew of the Reed Morano-directed film have been told to find other work while lively is recuperating from the injury. One source said it might take as much as five months until the "Gossip Girl" alum is well enough to film again. However, even that timeline is not assured.

Lively acquired the injury while filming a stunt for the movie in Dublin last September. At that time, production was only temporarily halted, with the intention of resuming after Lively recovers from the initial hand surgery.

However, the operation did not go as expected. Insiders said the 30-year-old actress need another round of surgery, and thus more time to recover.

In an interview with the media outlet earlier this month, Morano was still positive that they could resume production soon. "[Lively's] okay. She's just recovering. The problem is that normally, that kind of an injury, you would have four to six weeks of rehab and then you would wear a splint," the director said. "We have to go into stunts, so it's very complicated."

Lively has yet to talk about her injury and seems to be playing it down, if her recent Instagram post would be the basis. In one such post, she was seen all glammed up for a "mom's night out," even as she tried to cover a cast on her right hand.

"The Rhythm Section" follows a woman (Lively's character) who turned into a spy after a plane crash killed her entire family in a flight she was also supposed to be on.

When the movie's filming started in November, Lively was seen in a complete make-under for the role, donning an unfashionable ensemble that would have had her kicked out of "Gossip Girl."

Now, with filming indefinitely shut down, it is unclear yet whether "The Rhythm Section" will still be released on Feb. 22, 2019 as originally announced.

News
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings
New Catholic head says lessons must be learned from abuse failings

The newly installed Archbishop of Westminster has said the Church must learn from victims of sexual abuse.

Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report
Young adults abandon marriage as pensioners overtake under-25s - report

The institution of marriage has undergone a dramatic transformation over the past five decades - particularly among young adults.

Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent
Iconic cathedral to run truth project during Lent

One of England’s most well-known, historic and picturesque cathedrals has announced plans to run a Lent series looking at truth in the modern world.