Android 5.1 update for Moto X 2013 goes through soak test in Brazil

 Official Android Blog

The original Moto X is the last of its kindred to get the Android 5.0 Lollipop — that is, after several delays and soak tests.

Those who have chosen to stick with the 2013 Motorola offering always seem to be at the end of the line when it comes to the sweet new update, but it is not like Motorola to ditch the device. The tech firm is reportedly working around the clock to keep its handset offerings up to date. It also laid out its plans on sending out updates for the Moto X 2013 until the end of the year. 

It is the handset's age that gets in the way. With a processor a bit more square than most handsets (it has Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro) and the fact that it is already two years old, developers need to do some special tweaking to be able to run Android Lollipop on the device's system. 

Thankfully, Moto X 2013 users were finally able to jump to Android 5.0 Lollipop last month. But it won't be long before they make another big move. Android 5.1 Lollipop, the newer build of the operating system, is being tested in Brazil on the said handset. The soak test reportedly started on Tuesday. 

Should the soak test go buttery smooth all throughout, users can expect the new Android 5.1 Lollipop as early as next month. This build bears big fixes as well as tweaks that stabilize the handset's performance. The smartphone will enjoy quick settings and more manageable notifications as well as improvements on the device's battery life and Android operation on the whole. An Interruptions setting has also been added as well as several other features that promise optimal user experience. 

Motorola should be dropping more details about the Android 5.1 Lollipop makeover for the Moto X 2013 in the days to come. 

News
Traitors’ winner Harry Clark heads to Rome in new BBC documentary exploring faith in modern Britain
Traitors’ winner Harry Clark heads to Rome in new BBC documentary exploring faith in modern Britain

BBC Two and iPlayer are set to air a new one-hour documentary this Easter charting The Traitors’ winner Harry Clark’s personal pilgrimage from Slough to the Vatican

Christians welcome NI decision to pull out of puberty blocker trial
Christians welcome NI decision to pull out of puberty blocker trial

Nesbitt initially indicated that the province would join the trial.

EU Parliament condemns expulsion of foreign Christians in Turkey
EU Parliament condemns expulsion of foreign Christians in Turkey

Turkey has said the EU is interfering in its internal affairs.

Fewer Britons giving something up for Lent as cathedrals invite deeper reflection
Fewer Britons giving something up for Lent as cathedrals invite deeper reflection

The number of Britons giving something up for Lent has fallen sharply over the past decade, according to new research highlighting a significant shift in how the season is observed.