XBox One pre-order: Gamestop sold out; Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and Microsoft Store still in stock
Pre-orders for Microsoft's Xbox One have been halted by Gamestop retailers after reaching the maximum orders for its "Xbox One Day One Edition."
The retailer reportedly reached its capped allocated allotment last weekend for the latest gaming console.
According to Polygon, stores across the nation have stopped taking in pre-orders for the Xbox One, but pre-orders for Sony's Playstation 4 continues.
A Gamestop spokesperson told Polygon: "Due to high demand, GameStop is not taking additional store reservations for the Xbox One Day One Edition. However, reservations can still be made at www.gamestop.com ... In the meantime, the Xbox One wireless controller and top Xbox One games like: Ryse: Son of Rome, Forza Motorsport 5, and Kinect Sports Rivals are available for pre-order at all GameStop stores or online."
Although in-store pre-orders have ceased for now in Gamestop retailers, customers may still pre-order the console at Gamestop's online site.
It is not clear whether pre-orders for the Xbox One have maxed out due to popularity or because the per-store allocations are smaller than the Playstation 4.
According to Escapist Magazine, a store manager from California said: "We were only given an allocation of 16 Xbox Ones, but we have 60 PlayStation 4s and we're still taking orders."
The Xbox One "Day One Edition" is still available for pre-order at Amazon, Best Buy, Walmart and the Microsoft Store.
Sony's Playstation 4 is also available for pre-order on Gamestop, Amazon, Best Buy and Wal-Mart. The demand for the PS4 has been very high and online retailer Amazon has already sold out its limited supply of PS4 last week.
The online giant has now split the order of the PS4s, with customers being given one of two listings. For those lucky enough to pre-order the console before the first batch sold out, they have been assigned the "Launch Edition", which means that they will receive the console on the first day of its release.
A message from Amazon to customers who bought the Launch Edition reads:
"Thank you for pre-ordering the Playstation 4. Yesterday we made a change to the name of the product by adding "Launch" and "Standard" editions, which may have caused confusion for some of our customers. We are writing to confirm that you ordered the "Launch Edition," which is Release-Day Delivery eligible. All other aspects of the two editions are identical."
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- What does 'home' mean to you? Are you like the Son of Man, with nowhere to lay your head?
- Gaming for God: New card game asks the Church 'what is mission?'
- Top musicians are to sing all 150 Psalms in one weekend. What can this teach our world today?
- Was this Catholic cardinal a saint or a pro-Nazi war criminal?
- Canon: How a Bible card game is helping students learn how Scripture began
- Diagnosed with cancer, this Christian got through it by praying and painting Jesus' last day on earth
- The face of Christ? Turin Shroud does contain the blood of a torture victim, research suggests
- Would-be bride turns canceled $30,000 wedding reception into banquet for the homeless
- How the least perfect people are sometimes the most important for God's plan
- Pope Francis makes surprise call to rubbish collector who lost both his legs in collision
- Prince William and Kate meet Salvation Army anti-trafficking worker in Poland
- How this passionate Christian from Samaritan's Purse is helping to save lives in war-torn northern Iraq
- You aren't coming through here: Nuns build chapel to block fracking gas pipeline
- ISIS receipt surfaces in Mosul for sale of 20-year-old woman to jihadi for $1,500
- 16-year-old Christian boy is the latest victim of Pakistan's blasphemy law