A restless heart finding its way home: the 10 best Robin Williams quotes
Award-winning actor and comedian Robin Williams was found dead at his Californian home around midday local time.
The police report said his death was being treated as suspected suicide by asphyxiation. Williams, 63, had suffered from depression for some time and had spoken openly in the past about his struggles with drug and alcohol additions.
His wife, Susan Schneider said in a statement: "This morning, I lost my husband and my best friend, while the world lost one of its most beloved artists and beautiful human beings. I am utterly heartbroken. On behalf of Robin's family, we are asking for privacy during our time of profound grief. As he is remembered, it is our hope the focus will not be on Robin's death, but on the countless moments of joy and laughter he gave to millions."
Sponsored Watch Your Favorite Christian Films, 24/7. Click Here To Start Your Free Trial Today
To help you remember, here are some of Williams' best lines – both in and out of character:
- "You're only given one little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it." Robin Williams
- "What's right is what's left if you do everything else wrong." Robin Williams
- "Gooooooood morning, Vietnam! Hey, this is not a test! This is rock and roll! Time to rock it from the Delta to the DMZ!" Adrian Cronauer, Good Morning Vietnam 1987
- "We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of he human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for." John Keating, Dead Poets Society 1989
- "Thank you for choosing Magic Carpet for all your travel needs. Don't stand until the rug has come to a complete stop. Thank you. Goodbye, now. Goodbye. Goodbye. Thank you. Goodbye." Genie, Aladdin 1992
- "You don't know real loss because it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much." Sean Maguire, Good Will Hunting 1997
- "What's wrong with death sir? What are we so mortally afraid of? Why can't we treat death with a certain amount of humanity and dignity, and decency, and God forbid, maybe even humour. Death is not the enemy gentlemen. If we're going to fight a disease, let's fight one of the most terrible diseases of all, indifference." Patch Adams, 1998
- "All of life is a coming home. Salesmen, secretaries, coal miners, beekeepers, sword swallowers, all of us. All the restless hearts of the world, all trying to find a way home." Patch Adams, 1998
- "We got personality with a capital Y!" Ramon, Happy Feet 2006
- "You know what music is? God's little reminder that there's something else besides us in this universe; harmonic connection between all living beings, everywhere, even the stars." Wizard, August Rush, 2007