Fifty Shades of Grey movie cast rumors: top contenders, release date August 2014
The film adaptation of E.L. James best-selling book 'Fifty Shades of Grey' will be released on August 1, 2014.
The news of the release date was finally announced by Focus Features via Facebook on June 27. A statement was posted on Facebook which read: "The global release of 'Fifty Shades of Grey' will start in North America on Friday, August 1st, 2014 with opening dates around the world to be announced. The Focus Features domestic theatrical release will be in theaters nationwide. Universal Pictures International is releasing the movie in the rest of the world."
Rumors surrounding the movie, including possible cast members, have been swirling on the internet since the news that a movie adaptation of the book come to light.
Last week, it was announced that Sam Taylor-Johnson will be directing the movie. The film will be adapted into screenplay by Kelly Marcel.
Rumors as to who will play 27-year-old Christian Grey, the powerful billionaire who falls in love with 22-year-old Anastasia Steele, have been rife. Grey, is a character described as having "unruly dark-copper-colored hair and intense, bright gray eyes." Rumored contenders for the Grey role includes Ian Somerhalder, Matt Bomer, Henry Cavill, and most recently Robert Pattinson, as the author of the hit book was spotted at his Great Gatsby-themed birthday party last week.
Top rumored contenders for the Anastasia Steele role are Alexis Biedel, Emma Watson, and Mila Kunis.
The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie will be produced by Michael De Luca and Dana Brunetti - the movie is expected to be NC-17 rated.
The "Fifty Shades" erotic trilogy (50 Shades of Grey, 50 Shades Darker, 50 Shades Freed), written by British author E.L. James, has become one of the best-selling books of all time.
Here are seven important facts everyone should be aware of regarding Zika Virus.
An evangelical pastor spanked women's bare bottoms to administer "spiritual discipline", a court has been told.
- Star Trek Beyond: searching for hope in a godless universe
- Controversial evangelist, activist and bestselling 'Left Behind' author dies aged 90
- Scotland's Christian 'saint in the making' Margaret Sinclair to star in new play
- The burning issue: Why the Church has got to start talking about hell
- Come to church this week for poets, rock stars, circus skills and 'champing'
- Lead us not into the temptations of Twitter, warns Pope Francis
- Vice-President Kaine? Find out six facts about his faith
- How your holidays can still be holy days
- Child abuse, the Church and the Goddard inquiry: Why we should all pray it succeeds
- Why Pope Francis may not be particularly welcome in Poland
- Religious people oppose genetic engineering to enhance human abilities
- Jacques Hamel: The humble priest who was 'treasured' by the community
- Many thousands of displaced children in Nigeria on brink of starvation
- Florida Gators' Cristian Garcia credits God with using him to stop alleged sexual assault on a woman
- Senior Church leader warns of 'copycat killings' after French priest has throat slit