'Overwatch' game news: Blizzard cancels out graphic novel; game gets early Black Friday discount

The new hero, Sombra, makes it to the "Overwatch" hero roster. Blizzard

Blizzard won't be needing that "Overwatch" graphic novel after all.

Taking to the official "Overwatch" forum site, the lead writer of the project, Michael Chu, announced that Blizzard was ditching their plans to release the graphic novel for their notoriously popular first-person shooter videogame because of a decision to change the direction of the "Overwatch" marketing campaign.

"The original idea for the graphic novel dates back to the early days of the game's development and came from our desire to tell the story of the founding of 'Overwatch' during the Omnic Crisis. In the years since 'First Strike's' conception, we have done a lot of development on the universe and its stories. While the core of this story remains, we have changed and expanded upon how we see the events that took place during the first days of Overwatch," Chu tried to explain on the post.

Though Blizzard still plans to tell the prequel stories for "Overwatch" characters like Torbjorn Lindholm, Jack Morrison, Ana Amari, Reinhardt Wilhelm, and Gabriel Reyes, it looks like the videogame developer will tell it another way.

Meanwhile, in other "Overwatch" news, Forbes reports that the game's price had an early Black Friday discount last week, dropping to $35 on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One.

The discount was the very first major price cut for "Overwatch," and the best deal gamers could afford given that Blizzard has put in new maps, game modes and characters into the first-person shooter ever since its release. Not only that, but now is a good time as any to get into "Overwatch," as not only does the game have an active community of gamers but it has also been awarded as the New Esports Game of the Year.

According to a report by Pvp Live, "Overwatch" won the race against some of the well-established Esports franchises for the prize, including "Call of Duty: Black Ops III" and "Street Fighter V."

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.