'Resident Evil 7' news, rumors: VR prologue out as PS VR exclusive for one year?

Official poster for the game. Capcom

It seems that the "Resident Evil 7: Biohazard" game's VR Mode will be a year-long exclusive for the PlayStation VR. After all, Capcom has not yet talked about the game's VR experience in other platforms. Regardless, after the time period, all other VR platforms will be able to enjoy the game.

According to Game Spot, during the E3 2016 event Capcom showed the VR-supported Beginning Hour demo for the game. As fans can remember, the section is a standalone prologue to the "Resident Evil 7" game and will not be part of the final gaming experience. After that, the demo received an update — called the "Twilight" demo — allowing players to explore the mysterious and derelict mansion even more.

With this, the VR version of both the "Beginning Hour" demo and the "Twilight" demo will be PS VR exclusive. The vanilla version of the game can still be played on the Xbox or the PC so most players need not be concerned. It is not yet confirmed, though, since as of the moment no official announcement made by Capcom has been made, as reported by iTechPost.

It would make sense for the PS VR to enter an exclusivity deal with Capcom since they will certainly need to beef up their lineup at this time, especially now that the VR gaming industry still has a fierce competition.

"Resident Evil 7: Biohazard" is going to be released on January 24, 2017 for the PS4, Xbox One, and the PC platform. For those who do not mind spending more, a deluxe version of the game will be made available at $90, which will feature the game as well as a season pass with three more extra story chapters.

Thankfully, last month, Capcom confirmed that the "Resident Evil 7" game will not feature microtransactions, unlike other Triple-A game titles today, much to the delight of fans.

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.