Huawei Nexus 6 release date, specs: New benchmark tests show Snapdragon 810 processor unit

Google Nexus 6 from last year Google site

Two weeks before its alleged release, the Huawei Nexus 6 was spotted yet again in a couple of benchmark tests. New details about its specs, particularly in the hardware department, were found in these sightings.

In recent months, the processor the device will carry was one of the most debated topics in the rumor mill and one that had media outlets at variance. The benchmark showed that the Huawei-made Nexus phablet will be driven by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 processor. There were previous reports that the handset will be fitted with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820 processor, which apparently won't be made available until the end of the year, hence devices powered by it won't be released until next year.

Nexus 6, which is codenamed Angler, is expected to be unveiled by Google and Huawei in a Sept. 29 event. This makes it all the more probable that the software giant and the China-based tech firm are going for the 810 chipset instead of its admittedly more powerful successor. The benchmark tests also list RAM worth 3 GB and Android 6.0 Marshmallow running in the background. Previous reports claim that the first ever Nexus device from Huawei will come with 32 GB of storage as well.

It also has quite the imaging department. Users can expect a primary camera that's either at 12 MP or 13 MP that comes with LED flash and the ability to shoot 4K videos. Selfies will be taken care of by an 8 MP shooter on the front. 

Being Google's phablet offering this year, the Huawei Nexus 6 is expected to come with a 5.7-inch Quad HD display. The new benchmark tests are in line with previous speculations on this one although there are a few that claim the screen will only measure 5.5 inches. The device is also expected to feature a fingerprint scanner.

All these are expected to be seen soon when Google finally launches its new products on Sept. 29. 

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.