'Halo 5: Guardians' news: Developers respond to split-screen complaints

 Twitter courtesy of Halo

"Halo 5: Guardians" won't have split-screen support and for this, developer 343 Industries received massive criticism. Just recently, the game studio broke its silence in the middle of the ongoing backlash. 

Frank O'Connor, 343 Industries franchise development director, responded via Twitter to a fan who called them out to bring the split-support back.

He replied, "If we could do it, we would do it. But it is what they call 'nontrivial.'" 

While this won't likely silence gamers who have been protesting against the removal of the favorite feature from "Halo 5: Guardians," it doesn't look like split-screen will be a thing in the latest iteration of the long-running shooter. 

Last month, studio head Josh Holmes already explained that although it was taken out, it took a lot of pondering before the developer did. He admitted in a Halo Waypoint blog post that it "was one of the most difficult ones [they've] ever had to make." 

The absence of the split-screen support doesn't define "Halo 5: Guardians" and the company has learned some lessons from the previous "Master Chief Collection" fiasco. In an interview with Gamingbolt, 343 Industries production director Chris Lee explained what makes the game great.

"'Master Chief Collection' was a great learning opportunity for the entire studio and for 'Halo 5: Guardians' we had the 'Halo 5' arena beta earlier than we'd ever done a beta for a title," he said. "We really wanted to get it out there so we could both get feedback from the community but also make sure we're testing the game with an actual live public beta test. So that way we could find those issues and then make sure we could resolve anything before we launch."  

Learning their lesson, Lee said that 343 Industries teams "have been hard at work and I am positive we're going to have an awesome offering for fans when we release 'Halo 5: Guardians' later this year." 

"Halo 5: Guardians" will be released Oct. 27. 

News
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship
Sudan authorities use bureaucracy to stop church rebuilding and worship

Authorities in Sudan are obstructing efforts by a church to rebuild and even to use their place of worship

Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist
Ramadan ‘offers a unique opportunity’ to share the Gospel, says missiologist

Dr Emil Saleem Shehadeh has some sage advice for how Christians can engage with their Muslim neighbours and colleagues during Ramadan.

David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban
David Tudor hit with another lifetime ministry ban

Having already been banned, the latest sanction merely reinforces an earlier decision.

Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by
Armenia’s Christian civilization is under existential threat - the UK must not stand idly by

The constellation of powers that produced the eradication of the Armenian Christian presence in Nagorno Karabakh now have their sights on the Republic of Armenia itself.