The Amazing Spider-Man 3 movie release date delayed to 2018
Supervillain film reportedly replaces the friendly neighborhood superhero's slot in the big screen
Can fans wait until 2018 to find out what Peter Parker/Spiderman is up to?
Sony's Columbia Pictures officials reportedly said that they are planning to release the third installment of the "The Amazing Spiderman" franchise June 10, 2016. However, officials seemed to change their mind and announced at the recently concluded San Diego Comic-Con that the highly-anticipated movie will not be shown until 2018.
Another report surfaced from Deadline website, saying that Sony is planning to "revamp" the franchise. It also stated that a female superhero may be introduced sometime in 2017.
The name of the female character has not been stated, but speculations are circulating with possibilities that the character would either be Firestar, Stunner, Silver Sable, Black Cat, or ever Spider-Woman.
Fans of the comic book character are aware that Spider-Woman is composed of several fictional characters featured in the Marvel universe. The group of ladies includes Julia Carpenter, Jessica Drew, Charlotte Witter, as well as Mattie Franklin. Among the group, Franklin is known as a fashion designer genetically altered by the evil Dr. Octopus.
On the other hand, Black Cat was introduced recently in the movie sequel "The Amazing Spider-Man 2" as Felicity Hardy (Felicity Jones), personal secretary of Harry Osborn and daughter of the popular cat burglar named Walter Hardy, dubbed "The Cat."
The other character, Silver Sable, does not possess superhuman abilities but has a very exceptional talent in different martial arts and hand-to-hand combat. Silver Sable is said to play a vital role in the reported supervillain film "Sinister Six" to be released in 2016.
Deadline website also reported that Sony knows that the viewers have a "changing appetite" regarding the characters of the movies. Since the trend for strong female characters in the movies has been working well in the box-office, the film company feels that the public wants more lady leads.
When a filmmaker calls a monster Calvin, they know exactly what they're doing.
Everybody is keen to see Jinger Duggar pregnant now that she is happily married to soccer player Jeremy Vuolo.
- 'Life' might just be the most anti-Christian movie you'll see this year
- 'People all over the world are praying for you': Billy Graham chaplains help those affected by London terror
- 'Love divine, all loves excelling': 7 inspiring hymns by Charles Wesley
- How do evil spirits work? Can we inherit them from our ancestors?
- Was Christopher Columbus really a Jew fleeing persecution by the Spanish Inquisition?
- Christians are to the fore in efforts to find homes in the UK for thousands of Syrian refugees
- Render unto Caesar: The new pound coin has an uncomfortable message for the Church
- A Christian ministry brings healing to Jewish children and seniors in Ukraine
- A family in the United States is battling for the right to name their daughter 'Allah'
- US pastor charged for 'illegal' Bible study in Russia appeals to European Court of Human Rights
- Tribes, tensions and gay marriage: What's the future for the Church of England?
- Will Northern Ireland's political meltdown scupper Pope Francis' visit next year?
- Another Catholic priest killed in spiralling Mexico violence
- 'The devil's come down': How rape and murder are stalking the displaced of South Sudan
- Terror will never drive us apart, pledge Archbishops, Imams and Chief Rabbi