Samsung Galaxy S8 release date, specs rumors: latest leak shows device with Apple's jet black finish
A new leak suggests that Samsung plans to keep the jet black finish in its 2017 lineup.
According to reports, the leaked photos appear to showcase dummy Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus units in a sleek glossy black color that resembles the iPhone's popular jet black finish. Similar to the iPhone dummy model leaks over the past few years, the leaked mockup is believed to have been assembled from schematics obtained from factories that manufacture Samsung's next-generation smartphones. The images were originally posted to Slash Leaks by a user named "Dimitri12," a reliable tipster who is known for posting many genuine leaks in recent years.
The jet black finish trend for smartphones started out with Apple's iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, which were unveiled in September. Samsung eventually followed suit and incorporated a glossy black color into its own flagship phone lineup.
Back in January, it was rumored that the Galaxy S8 will have a 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage variant. Another rumor emerged the following month, and it was believed that the said variant would only be limited to the South Korean and Chinese markets. However, GSM Arena claims that a new rumor has been making the rounds, and it says that the 6 GB RAM model will now be exclusively available in China — dismissing its rollout in any other country.
The report was first announced by IHS research director for China, Kevin Wong, through the popular Chinese social media website Weibo. Wong's post categorically says that the handset's international variant will only be available in the 4 GB RAM model. The tech giant has not yet confirmed whether the rumors are true or not.
Samsung will officially unveil its new Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus flagship phones on March 29. Both devices are expected to be commercially released about a month later.
Austin Carlile tweeted about the impact sharing his Christian faith has on his popularity but says it isn't going to stop him talking about God or Jesus to his fans.
Snoop Dogg shares preview clip of new Christian music project, 'Bible of Love', featuring gospel singer Fred Hammond
Snoop Dogg is giving the world a glimpse of his gospel music album, which already features a famous voice in gospel music, Fred Hammond.
- Is Justin Bieber quitting world tour to start his own church?
- Why we must open them every day: our 5-point plan to save Britain's churches
- Godfulness: What the Church can learn from a new (but old) kind of meditation
- What did Jesus mean when he condemned those who make children 'stumble'?
- Amazing Grace: 7 quotes from the slaver-turned-preacher John Newton
- WANTED: Christian coders, techies and creatives. The CofE is inviting you to its first 'digital lab'
- Already worrying about Halloween and 'trick-or-treat'? This Christian charity has answers
- Pioneer ministry: How a new generation of ministers is changing the face of mission
- How Christian and other faith communities are rebuilding trust in times of crisis
- Stage is set for the end times, believes John Hagee
- Israel removes metal detectors from Jerusalem mosque following bloody clashes; Palestine demands further repeal
- Anglican leader in Jamaica breaks ranks by calling for legalisation of sodomy
- Islamist militants in Kenya went house to house killing Christians
- Vatican shuts down fountains amid Italy drought, in line with Pope Francis' environment teachings
- Victory for campaigners as US judge blocks attempt to deport Iraqi Christians