Samsung Galaxy S8 release date, specs rumors: latest leak shows device with Apple's jet black finish
A new leak suggests that Samsung plans to keep the jet black finish in its 2017 lineup.
According to reports, the leaked photos appear to showcase dummy Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus units in a sleek glossy black color that resembles the iPhone's popular jet black finish. Similar to the iPhone dummy model leaks over the past few years, the leaked mockup is believed to have been assembled from schematics obtained from factories that manufacture Samsung's next-generation smartphones. The images were originally posted to Slash Leaks by a user named "Dimitri12," a reliable tipster who is known for posting many genuine leaks in recent years.
The jet black finish trend for smartphones started out with Apple's iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, which were unveiled in September. Samsung eventually followed suit and incorporated a glossy black color into its own flagship phone lineup.
Back in January, it was rumored that the Galaxy S8 will have a 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage variant. Another rumor emerged the following month, and it was believed that the said variant would only be limited to the South Korean and Chinese markets. However, GSM Arena claims that a new rumor has been making the rounds, and it says that the 6 GB RAM model will now be exclusively available in China — dismissing its rollout in any other country.
The report was first announced by IHS research director for China, Kevin Wong, through the popular Chinese social media website Weibo. Wong's post categorically says that the handset's international variant will only be available in the 4 GB RAM model. The tech giant has not yet confirmed whether the rumors are true or not.
Samsung will officially unveil its new Galaxy S8 and Galaxy S8 Plus flagship phones on March 29. Both devices are expected to be commercially released about a month later.
In Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, the villain is a million-year-old deity who created himself and the world around him. Martin Saunders gives it four stars ****
'The Voice' judge Jennifer Hudson shares powerful video of son singing 'Hallelujah', calls it 'a mother's dream'
"This is so precious to me. I can't even begin to describe how it melts my heart," Hudson shared.
- President Trump's first 100 days: What has he achieved so far?
- Can Pope Francis do anything to help Egypt's Christians?
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 review: an atheist's God from beyond the stars
- What did Jesus mean when he said 'I am the vine'?
- Five inspiring TED talks you should watch this weekend
- 'He gives wisdom to the wise': 11 Bible verses about leadership
- Christians aren't reading the Bible. Why not, and what can we do about it?
- Pope Francis: Lust for power is like drinking gin on an empty stomach
- Ever feel people don't like you? Maybe it's a spiritual gift
- Pope, at Cairo Mass, urges unity against fanaticism
- Saudi Arabia 'not paying its fair share' towards defence, says Trump
- German finance minister warns: No free lunch for Britain in Brexit negotiations
- Pentagon admits friendly fire may have killed US troops in Afghanistan
- Executed man was 'coughing and convulsing', lawyer calls for probe
- North Korea test-fires ballistic missile in defiance of world pressure