The Cameroonian military fought back against the Boko Haram terrorist organisation this week in an attack that left 143 militants dead.
Officials announced Tuesday that the men were killed when they raided a military camp in Kolofata.
Hundreds of Boko Haram members crossed the border from Nigeria and stormed the camp on Monday. The ensuing firefight lasted for five hours.
Four soldiers were wounded and a corporal was killed, but the militants suffered severe losses.
"It is by far the heaviest toll sustained by the criminal sect Boko Haram since it began launching its barbaric attacks against our land, people and goods," Cameroonian Information Minister Issa Tchiroma Bakary said in a statement.
Cameroonian President Paul Biya was recently threatened by the group after launching air strikes against them last month, and over 130 Cameroonian schools were closed in November due to Boko Haram concerns.
Students near the Borno State border were moved towards the interior, and officials considered relocating the schools so that students can continue to learn.
"The objective of this Boko Haram is to traumatise our citizens," Ministry of Secondary Education representative Monouna Fotso told Voice of America.
Cameroon must also grapple with thousands of displaced Nigerian and Central African Republic citizens that have fled across the border.
Cameroon's Minister of Territorial Administration and Decentralisation, Rene Emmanuel Sadi, said that Boko Haram is crippling their country.
Thousands have been killed and an estimated 1.6 million driven from their homes due to Boko Haram violence in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and Niger.