iPhone 5S release date rumored September 6 [PHOTO]; Low-cost iPhone Lite may release alongside [VIDEO]
Rumor has it that the iPhone 5S will be coming to market on September 6.
That's according to the iFun blog. The German-language blog reports that two new devices will be made available on that day, giving rise to speculation that the iPhone 5S will be released on the same day as a new low-cost iPhone.
According to iFun, the two new devices will be different in more ways than their color or memories.
"This information has come to us through a credible source that is to be taken as serious," the blog said. Click here for photos.
The supposed release date will come as something of a surprise for Apple fans, given that previous versions have gone on sale slightly later.
The iPhone 4S went on sale in mid-October 2011 and then iPhone 5 was released last year on 12 September. That would put the release of the iPhone 5S nearly a week earlier.
The cheaper iPhone rumored to be in the making could be made of plastic rather than the usual glass and metal. That's the speculation after DetroitBORG posted a video on YouTube claiming to show an all-plastic casing for the new device.
DetroitBORG describes it as a merger of iPhone 3GS and the iPod Touch, with a four-inch screen.
It could present consumers with a serious rival to cheaper Android phones like Samsung Galaxy devices.
If the September 6 release date is correct, that will place it on the same day as the IFA tech conference kicks off in Berlin, where the Galaxy Note 3 is expected to feature prominently.
Pope Francis used his Christmas blessing to call for an end to fighting in Syria and the Holy Land.
Pope Francis said on Saturday that Christmas had been "taken hostage" by dazzling materialism that puts God in the shadows and blinds many to the needs of the hungry, the migrants and the war weary.
- 'Life' might just be the most anti-Christian movie you'll see this year
- 'People all over the world are praying for you': Billy Graham chaplains help those affected by London terror
- 'Love divine, all loves excelling': 7 inspiring hymns by Charles Wesley
- How do evil spirits work? Can we inherit them from our ancestors?
- Was Christopher Columbus really a Jew fleeing persecution by the Spanish Inquisition?
- Christians are to the fore in efforts to find homes in the UK for thousands of Syrian refugees
- Render unto Caesar: The new pound coin has an uncomfortable message for the Church
- A Christian ministry brings healing to Jewish children and seniors in Ukraine
- A family in the United States is battling for the right to name their daughter 'Allah'
- US pastor charged for 'illegal' Bible study in Russia appeals to European Court of Human Rights
- Tribes, tensions and gay marriage: What's the future for the Church of England?
- Will Northern Ireland's political meltdown scupper Pope Francis' visit next year?
- Another Catholic priest killed in spiralling Mexico violence
- 'The devil's come down': How rape and murder are stalking the displaced of South Sudan
- Terror will never drive us apart, pledge Archbishops, Imams and Chief Rabbi